Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
vadiro

RAKETA POLAR

Recommended Posts

I am hesitating between those two, and I wonder which one is more representative:

 

s-l1600.jpgor s-l1600.jpg

Edited by vadiro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of the two I would go for the 1st one, I like the texture on the dial, not keen on the extra decoration on the second dial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first one is the best one imho :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On looks I'd go for the first one also

Anyone explain the significance of the markings past the quarter past and quarter to on the dial of the second one ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) I recommend to buy the second watch, they more rare, and also they correspond sea subject (if you are connected with the sea).

2) if not a secret what price?

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WRENCH said:

Anyone explain the significance of the markings past the quarter past and quarter to on the dial of the second one ?

Coldest and warmest parts of the arctic/antarctic day? Seriously though - no idea :biggrin:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the time of the watch on the sea ship.

for 4 hours.

a red watch is a "Dog watch", or simply a "dog" - a watch that lasts from 00:00 to 04:00. Usually it is "worth" the second navigator. It is considered the most difficult, since the watchman has to fight with sleep at this time of day.

Do not confuse this term with the English dog watch - watch from 16:00 to 20:00. In the Russian fleet, the Dutch traditions were adopted, where the "dog's" name is the first post-midnight watch. In the English fleet, "dog watch" - a half-watch from 16 to 18 hours and from 18 to 20 (half-wings were introduced so that the same person did not stand watch at the same time).

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, samun said:

This is the time of the watch on the sea ship.

for 4 hours.

a red watch is a "Dog watch", or simply a "dog" - a watch that lasts from 00:00 to 04:00. Usually it is "worth" the second navigator. It is considered the most difficult, since the watchman has to fight with sleep at this time of day.

Do not confuse this term with the English dog watch - watch from 16:00 to 20:00. In the Russian fleet, the Dutch traditions were adopted, where the "dog's" name is the first post-midnight watch. In the English fleet, "dog watch" - a half-watch from 16 to 18 hours and from 18 to 20 (half-wings were introduced so that the same person did not stand watch at the same time).

So I wasn't even close with my coldest/warmest guess? :laugh:

Thanks for the explanation - very interesting indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/01/2017 at 17:13, samun said:

1) I recommend to buy the second watch, they more rare, and also they correspond sea subject (if you are connected with the sea).

2) if not a secret what price?

 

About £130 on eBay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am as unsure as ever.

I like the Samun's watch story, but this is not a waterproof watch anyway, am I right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎01‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 19:24, samun said:

This is the time of the watch on the sea ship.

for 4 hours.

a red watch is a "Dog watch", or simply a "dog" - a watch that lasts from 00:00 to 04:00. Usually it is "worth" the second navigator. It is considered the most difficult, since the watchman has to fight with sleep at this time of day.

Do not confuse this term with the English dog watch - watch from 16:00 to 20:00. In the Russian fleet, the Dutch traditions were adopted, where the "dog's" name is the first post-midnight watch. In the English fleet, "dog watch" - a half-watch from 16 to 18 hours and from 18 to 20 (half-wings were introduced so that the same person did not stand watch at the same time).

What a great explanation very interesting. It's amazing how the diversity on this forum teaches us more with each post. :notworthy:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On looks I'd go for the first one also
Anyone explain the significance of the markings past the quarter past and quarter to on the dial of the second one ?

This is kind of a radio room watch. The marks show 3 minute radio silence periods, when everybody was only listening, maybe there is somobody in trouble.
The rotating bezel is of course to mark shifts.



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Two very nice Raketas.
The first one you can call Raketa Classic, classic Raketa 24h with second time zone bezel.
The 2nd is called Raketa Watchman. Bezel is for shifts or watches. This somewhat later Watchman here has additional radio room marks.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

About Us

The Watch Forum started in 2001 as a forum for RLT Watches customers. Since then it has grown into a world wide community of watch enthusiasts and a large resource for all types of horology.

Contact Us

Email : admin@thewatchforum.co.uk

Phone: 07762 569 999
×