• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Oakey76uk

Help with identifying sekonda watch

I have come into possession of a sekonda watch with the following details on the movement.

17 jewel

And that is all I can see.

Can anyone help with identifying the age?

Thanks5c2d06a59dbb360d771989e7106b766c.jpg88d8d10df076dc7df8f1bafc17865959.jpg

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum Oakey. It's a mid-70s-ish watch with a Poljot 2609 movement. There's quite a few Poljots from that era with the same case.

1 hour ago, Kanelbulle said:

It is in a Poljot 77 catalogue, and its not in the 74 Sekonda catalogue

Model is 2614.2H/1551367

2614.2H/1551467* 

I wonder if it's had a movement swap because the watch in the original photo definitely has a 2609 and not a 2614.2H movement.

you are correct. I checked some more and it is not in a 75 catalogue, but in two from 77 and one from 83, but then not in one from 87. So it seems to have been produced somewhere inbetween 76 and 86, but from what I can find, it seems like the model has always been sold with the 2614.H movement, so I would guess that it is not the original movement.  

you are correct. I checked some more and it is not in a 75 catalogue, but in two from 77 and one from 83, but then not in one from 87. So it seems to have been produced somewhere inbetween 76 and 86, but from what I can find, it seems like the model has always been sold with the 2614.H movement, so I would guess that it is not the original movement.  

This seems to prove otherwise though

Thanks! but I only joined to post that original link. I dont think it would be healthy for my wallet to take part in a watch forum. I have talked to another watch enthusiast for a week and I am already trying to buy two new watches.