• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Steve D UK

Wahaaay! I did it! I fitted a strap!!!

Was considering buying a genuine Omega leather strap and clasp for my 60th birthday Speedmaster '57 but at £180 each, a tad on the expensive side and a big mistake if I don't like 'em! The watch came with a bracelet and my only other watch, a Tag Aquaracer, also has a bracelet so not 100% sure as I haven't worn a watch with a strap for years.

Anyway, I thought I'd buy a similar strap and tool to try out first. Both the strap and the tool came in the post today. Quite easy to change the strap. Anyway, strap fitted, I think it suits the vintage/retro style of the watch and it looks............ bloody marvellous, and it's a lot lighter!

The saving (including the purchase of the spring pin tool) compared to an official Omega strap and clasp was......... £328.05!

Still, only another 105 sleeps before I'm allowed to wear it outside the house. :(

normal_image1.JPG
normal_image3.JPGnormal_image2.JPGnormal_IMG_1417.JPG

Edited by Steve D UK
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve D UK said:

Was considering buying a genuine Omega leather strap and clasp for my 60th birthday Speedmaster '57 but at £180 each, a tad on the expensive side and a big mistake if I don't like 'em! The watch came with a bracelet and my only other watch, a Tag Aquaracer, also has a bracelet so not 100% sure as I haven't worn a watch with a strap for years.

Anyway, I thought I'd buy a similar strap and tool to try out first. Both the strap and the tool came in the post today. Quite easy to change the strap. Anyway, strap fitted and it looks............ bloody marvellous, and it's a lot lighter!

The saving (including the purchase of the spring pin tool) compared to an official Omega strap and clasp was......... £328.05!

Still, only another 105 sleeps before I'm allowed to wear it outside the house. :(

normal_image1.JPG
normal_image3.JPGnormal_image2.JPGnormal_IMG_1417.JPG

Looks good to me, blends nicely with the hands lume.  :thumbsup:

Leave the bracelet in the box. :yes:

• Like 2

THE WATCH LOOKS AWESOME! AND I AM GENERALLY A BRACELET TYPE!

WHY THE 105 SLEEPS TILL YOU CAN WEAR IT OUTSIDE? DECEMBER 8TH YOUR B'DAY MAYBE? :yes:

Looking really nice some watches look better on a strap rather than a bracelet and that's one of them

37 minutes ago, Roddyjb said:

THE WATCH LOOKS AWESOME! AND I AM GENERALLY A BRACELET TYPE!

WHY THE 105 SLEEPS TILL YOU CAN WEAR IT OUTSIDE? DECEMBER 8TH YOUR B'DAY MAYBE? :yes:

60th birthday present. November 30th. I made it 105 days from when I posted. 96 from now!! Or three months, five days, seven hours and one minute from.....NOW!

(not that I'm counting)

Edited by Steve D UK

3 hours ago, Always"watching" said:

Well done that man - nothing (generally) beats a good bit of quality leather.:biggrin:

Don't be naughty Honor! :rolleyes:

And Stevie D, you are officially on the downward road now! You'll end up buying a Grandfather clock next, with chimes and drive the wife and neighbours daft!:whistle:

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Always"watching" said:

Well done that man - nothing (generally) beats a good bit of quality leather.:biggrin:

Hmm, not when you've suffered the "lochgelly heavy".

History-of-the-Lochgelly-Tawse-the-origa

Of course @mel being an angel, you'll have no idea what I'm on about.:laughing2dw:

No I got sixers at the school, same as most! Double Handers! :bash: