UK Watch Forum banner

Custom auto diver - latest incarnation

461 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  pauluspaolo 
#1 ·
I wasn't sure whether to post this in the Japanese watches section as that's what it is really. Anyway I've shown this watch a few times before & it's usually been a little different each time as it's my test bed for trying out different dial/hand combinations. I've had it a good few years & in that time I've chopped & changed it many times. It started off as a Pulsar automatic diver which is basically the same watch, bar a different name/dial, as the Alba Manta Ray diver. I didn't pay much for it & got it with the intention of customising it, I sent it straight off to Bry to have the main case DLC coated dark grey/black, whilst the crown & caseback were coated in contrasting satin gold.

I had a little time to kill on Friday (I was on leave last week) & wasn't happy with the latest dial/hand combo, or the timekeeping (it'd lose about 10mins every 24 hours), so I decided to change the movement (Seiko 7s26) for one that I knew worked well & refit a brown Seiko 5 dial that I'd previously tried & liked, but still changed for some unknown reason :huh: The hands are a combination of 2 different sets but I think they work OK together. So far it's been working well, keeping good time & has been on my wrist since I finished putting it back together.

:)

BK4ltVL.jpg

Previous incarnation on the left in this pic:

gzdLbx6.jpg

See less See more
#7 ·
I always like to see a custom mod on a Seiko. Sure, some may not be to my, or everyone's taste, but I appreciate the skill and workmanship in replacing the parts and the thought that the wearer has put into coming up with something that pleases their aesthetic desires.

Hope you enjoy this one!

J

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks for the feedback - it's still on my wrist though I'm getting the urge to change as I don't seem to be able to wear the same watch for much more than 3 or 4 days (unless I'm on holiday & I don't have another watch to wear). I hear what you're saying about the other dial (which is not the original dial by the way) & I've kept it to use on another watch. It's too nice to sit in a drawer though so watch this space as I'll no doubt fit it to another watch someday. I have an already modified 7002 diver so I may have a go at fitting it to that - trouble is I like that watch as it is so who knows?

This is the watch as it originally came to me in standard guise:

4VCI8d9.jpg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.