UK Watch Forum banner

Ups and Downs on TWF w/e 13-8-17

812 views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  fredwastell 
#1 ·
Ups and downs? Another week gone by and no new watches this week, in the spirit of hanging in there and doing what I keep saying I'll do..........buy something Valjoux :yahoo:

That I suppose is an up and a down, but really the bit won't come until I get the Valjoux.

Up and Down

I was ticked off because the parts for my car came in late so I had to put the date for the work back, a down.

The parts came in. Up.

I have to get it done next week and pay for it :huh: Up and down . Get a courtesy car for a week. Up.

Grockles.

The weather has been pretty crap and whilst I do feel mildly sorry for Grockles I am delighted that I can still drive around without endless queues. Not going to be good for those relying on the holiday trade.

Up

Really enjoying my Citizens Royal Marine........twelve continuous days on the wrist :)

Otherwise the usual round of shopping, popping out for pub meals, and couch surfing. Oh and still on track for reading my usual couple of books a week.

Thoughts for all those not feeling A1 :thumbsup:

Cheers for reading.

See less See more
#3 ·
Up...in came the Cyma ultraspeed from Romania ,crackerjack.

down.....interrogated about price and forced to admit.

up..........still alive after that.

Up....pleasant lunch out with friends

down....our turn to pay.

down.....car needs adblue ....don't even know where the filler cap is ,handbook to find.

up and down in more ways than one..... 47 years of that strange institution called marriage on Tuesday coming,need a soppy card..

up 710. X-ray clear.

health to all

#4 ·
Up...in came the Cyma ultraspeed from Romania ,crackerjack.

down.....interrogated about price and forced to admit.

up..........still alive after that.

Up....pleasant lunch out with friends

down....our turn to pay.

down.....car needs adblue ....don't even know where the filler cap is ,handbook to find.

up and down in more ways than one..... 47 years of that strange institution called marriage on Tuesday coming,need a soppy card..

up 710. X-ray clear.

health to all
Happy anniversary and :thumbsup: about the X ray.

#10 ·
Ups

Still alive

Easy week at work as it has been the main shutdown and I had the keys to the hut we work out of.

For some reason Big M has been exceptionally nice to me !!! I'll let you know what she's after as soon as I find out.

:laugh: :laugh:

Actually saw another watch that wasn't a Rolex and thought "I could wear that"

:huh:

Downs

None to speak off which like still being alive is always a bonus.

:biggrin:

Reactions: RWP
#11 ·
Ups

Still alive

Easy week at work as it has been the main shutdown and I had the keys to the hut we work out of.

For some reason Big M has been exceptionally nice to me !!! I'll let you know what she's after as soon as I find out.

:laugh: :laugh:

Actually saw another watch that wasn't a Rolex and thought "I could wear that"

:huh:

Downs

None to speak off which like still being alive is always a bonus.

:biggrin:
Congratulations SultanandBigM :thumbs_up:

Make sure you secure a nursery place as they are becoming quite scarce :yes:

The timepiece that caught your eye, I'll hazard a guess that it was a Seiko......wasn't it. :biggrin:

:laugh:

#12 ·
Ups. Had a good day out on the beer with some old friends at Olympia. Also got to work from home the next day so got a lie in.

Downs. Not many. Still employed which is an up of course.

Reactions: RWP
#22 ·
For the first time ever, a whole week of "ups" :)

First off, a couple of happy customers have been satisfied with a couple of sales I have made and my underapprciated watches now have happy homes. That's an up for me.

Second, my little Breitling SuperOcean had had a clean bill of health from their service centre (and a very happy experience dealing with them to boot) and should be returning home next week. Fingers crossed...

J

#23 ·
Ups.

Got rid of a load of vintage motorcycle stuff, and got a Tudor.

Downs.

Looks like my favorite motorcycling roads are now nose to tail with insanity. The police are turning vehicles away from Skye because ts become so overcrowded.

Ups.

Strathdon is still quiet with excellent roads, and informative road signs, so I'm off there.

in-the-park-behind-trees.jpg

#25 ·
Hello watch lovers,

Up, a couple of watches in this week I am very pleased with both... :yes:
Down, they both took to weeks to arrive, which seems to be the norm these days for international post. :(

Up, no duty on either of them :biggrin:

Up/down,the weather has been crazy with temperature in the mid 40 degrees, had some rain last night which cooled things down a little... :beach:

Up we will get away this week somewhere for a break :thumbsup:

All the best Martin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.