• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
bridgeman

Roamer 612 searock

scottswatches    4,837

Via the case back.  Through the glass tends only to be monocoque cases (one piece, all the same material).  As your case back is stainless and the case gold plated, they have to join somewhere

• Like 1

bridgeman    1,459
1 hour ago, scottswatches said:

Via the case back.  Through the glass tends only to be monocoque cases (one piece, all the same material).  As your case back is stainless and the case gold plated, they have to join somewhere

Ah good thinking. I kept looking at the searock and dimbo here thought it was all one. THanks for the help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PC-Magician    2,460
22 hours ago, scottswatches said:

Makes perfect sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

bridgeman    1,459

Plot thickens a bit.....split crown is mentioned on the net , so if I was really really brave which I'm not ,pull the crown hard to split the stem and use the space where the crown was to lever off the back.?. 

Seems as though the battery change is an issue judging by net comments.:(

gimli    1,517

Just get a rubber ball and open the case back. Or a case knife in case it's a snap off case back.

Dr_Niss    34

Some of the "waterproof" Roamers are a sort of push fit and are opened by pressing the crystal through to the back. They made dies to use with a press to open and close them.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Roy    5,136

If you hold the gold plated case between your fingers then push on the crystal, the crystal and steel case will come away from the bezel. Then stem is a two piece and can be pulled out with a little force. The the crystal can be removed and the movement will just fall out of the steel retaining case. I can show with pictures tomorrow. 

bridgeman    1,459
1 minute ago, Roy said:

If you hold the gold plated case between your fingers then push on the crystal, the crystal and steel case will come away from the bezel. The stem is a two piece and can be pulled out with a little force. The the crystal can be removed and the movement will just fall out of the steel retaining case. I can show with pictures tomorrow. 

That would be excellent,thank you 

• Like 1

Roy    5,136
10 hours ago, bridgeman said:

That would be excellent,thank you 

I do not have the bezel just the movement and back case so after  you have pushed on the crystal to release the bezel, you should have this :

sr1.jpg

Next pull off the crown from the two part stem, this may take a little force.

sr2.jpg

The crystal and inner ring should be able to be lifted off with your fingernail, they won't be tight.

sr3.jpg

The movement should now drop out of the case back.

sr4.jpgsr5.jpg