• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Bluestifford

What Rollie is this?

Hello guys 

yesterday I was on the train to work and I was doing my usual WFM (watch finding mode, you heard it here first lol!) and I see this bloke wearing this. Now I can't for the life of me think what it is I know I've seen this model before but what is it? Red sweep seconds auto blue face sport model. 

801A7664-9AAD-4052-AAF3-1DFE7142E6C6.jpg

thanks. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jizzle said:

I hate to admit it... but I always check out the watches on commuters/colleagues too :whistle:

Have you started taking photos yet?? That's when you know you've got it bad :laugh::biggrin:

• Like 1

ong    3,521
1 hour ago, jizzle said:

I hate to admit it... but I always check out the watches on commuters/colleagues too :whistle:

I'm sure you're not alone :whistle:

8 minutes ago, niveketak said:

Does anyone know what watch Nick Hewer wears on Countdown, has green strap but difficult to see any detail. Maybe be a CW

Looks like a president 

irons    12
3 hours ago, niveketak said:

Does anyone know what watch Nick Hewer wears on Countdown, has green strap but difficult to see any detail. Maybe be a CW

Never seen it but could be the President. His pal Alan Sugar usually has a Rolex on. I read on a Rolex forum a while ago about Alan Sugar. One of the members used this AD a lot and the promise was he was next in line for the new Explorer. He got news of a delivery and waited for the phone call. Nothing. He then noticed in the newspaper that his AD manager was photographed with Alan Sugar with a new Explorer he had just sold him. The guy was fuming to say the least. The guy had spent a LOT of money there in the past, watches from Rolex to Patek Philippe. But Sugar just waltzed in and got his watch. He changed AD's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Montybaber    2,452

Cmon are you sure this wasnt a disguised competition thread 'win the watch in the photo by guessing what it is' 

where do I send my address details? :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

niveketak    1,058
3 hours ago, Montybaber said:

Cmon are you sure this wasnt a disguised competition thread 'win the watch in the photo by guessing what it is' 

Dear Mr Hewer I have guessed what watch you wear so gimme

• Haha 1

irons    12
20 hours ago, Montybaber said:

Nah, it was for real! The AD's name and store were named and shamed, many of the forums members emailed Rolex to complain and get Rolex to stop the AD from selling Rolex. He also posted the photo from the newspaper. But they really went mad a few months later when Sugar was on The Apprentice with the guys watch on. :laugh: