• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

graham1981    2,735

Just picked up my - new to me - 2015 Vauxhall Meriva Exclusiv. A nice little car just coming up to two years old with only 16,000 miles on the clock, in perfect nick inside and out and at a decent price from Network Q :thumbsup: 

The reason I've changed - which I wasn't going to - was the clutch was going on my dad's car so I have given my parents the '09 Meriva I had and bought this one to replace it :yes: 

Here is a 'tinternet pic - exactly the same as mine - 

35564143204_4eb97a1044_z.jpg

• Like 2

Biker    1,284

Happy new car.

Must be the time of year we've just bought one of these..

honda-HR-V-crystal-black-pearl.jpg

• Like 2

Teg62x    1,314

Must be something in the water MrsT just bought one of these!

36047354500_d5814b8dcd_b.jpg

• Like 4

Hussle    233

I do like those Jeep Renegades, I only do about 2500 miles each year so not worth me getting a new car even though I want one. I'll stick with my old Volvo S40.

Teg62x    1,314
4 minutes ago, Hussle said:

I do like those Jeep Renegades, I only do about 2500 miles each year so not worth me getting a new car even though I want one. I'll stick with my old Volvo S40.

Yes she just traded her Volvo C30 in to get the renegade, must say it handles like a small car rather than a boxy 4x4. 

I'll just stick to my old landy, plenty life left in the old girl and me and the dogs can make a mess and everything! 

Edited by Teg62x
  • Like 1

trackrat    121
On 06/08/2017 at 12:21, Biker said:

Happy new car.

Must be the time of year we've just bought one of these..

honda-HR-V-crystal-black-pearl.jpg

I also have a Hrv ex, had it 18 months now, with never a problem.

• Like 1

jsud2002    4,211

My Motability car is due to be changed later this year I am stuck between the Seat Leon estate fr 1.4  or a Ford Focus Estate st line  with 1.0 ecoboost engine . I prefer the look of the focus just not sure about the small engine size 

Hussle    233
19 minutes ago, jsud2002 said:

My Motability car is due to be changed later this year I am stuck between the Seat Leon estate fr 1.4  or a Ford Focus Estate st line  with 1.0 ecoboost engine . I prefer the look of the focus just not sure about the small engine size 

Don't get the focus!!!! I can not stress this enough. Do a search on the 1.0 ecoboost and you'll see the horror stories. Basically the engine can go anytime because of a known fault. My ex wife had to have the engine changed after 18k and they put in a recon. Took 6 weeks and numerous calls/emails with ford, who eventually did it at no cost. She traded it in as soon as it was fixed, but not with ford as they offered her pennies for it. There is even a Facebook page set up for people with this engine, some are on their 3rd engine.

It was not very economical either, a case of car too big, engine too small, it struggled all the time.

Maybe new ones are different/fixed but it put me off.

scottswatches    4,837
23 minutes ago, jsud2002 said:

I've just ordered the 1.2 Leon for my 710, but I would have had the Ford ecoboost if I could have afforded it - it was £88 a month more!  On Motability it evens that out, but check what the local dealerships are like.  I used to run the Motability scheme for the MG Rover dealership and not many salespeople or service people liked doing it.  The paperwork was deadly - one spelling mistake and they wouldn't pay!

mel    1,390
3 hours ago, jsud2002 said:

We got ourselves a Cmax for the extra wee bit height getting in and out, and boyo, glad we did as with Mrs Mel having the new knee done, it was so much easier for her :yes:

It is a 1.6d auto - - travels fine, and worth the small extra on the fuel , one of the most comfortable vehicles I've had in a while (since a works Transit van) to drive distances in. Full allowance and ISTR last year it was £250 advance with the built in satnav and most things auto like lights, wipers, keyless entry and exit, pairs with up to four phones etc., Mrs M's friend got the newer Bmax, but not as comfy at all when I tried it!

deano1956    2,746

been a ford man for most of my life but value for money Vauxhall is the way to go I found when looking to replace my 2006 mondeo ghia x , when it came to a choice between a mondeo or insignia , insignia won on price, spec (although seats are not as comfy as the mondeo but don't do long journeys much), & value 2015 1.8 SRI NAV, I had a diesel before I have gone petrol this time , it did not help the diesel doing 4 k a year!! ( working from home) its working out ok with the 1.8 petrol , do miss the torque & power of the TDCI but hey I have other cars to go fast.

happy with the insignia :thumbsup:

deano

scottswatches    4,837

If anyone is thinking of getting a 2006 Skoda fabia diesel we have one for sale in October with full history. Its in the main dealer for a major service tomorrow (2 services were included when we bought it from them)

jsud2002    4,211
4 hours ago, Hussle said:

It was not very economical either, a case of car too big, engine too small, it struggled all the time.

Maybe new ones are different/fixed but it put me off.

That is the one problem that is putting me off getting the Focus Estate I have read that the fuel economy is not as good as stated. 

4 hours ago, scottswatches said:

I've just ordered the 1.2 Leon for my 710

Really want the 1.4 FR but a huge backlog on orders means a really long wait :(

33 minutes ago, mel said:

We got ourselves a Cmax for the extra wee bit height getting in and out, and boyo, glad we did as with Mrs Mel having the new knee done, it was so much easier for her :yes:

Bmax, Cmax Smax are all too high for me I can transfer fine from wheelchair to car when I have my leg on but when I have a bad leg day I have to take it off and use a "patslide" to transfer . 

@graham1981 sorry I do not mean to hijack your thread :)

graham1981    2,735
10 hours ago, jsud2002 said:

@graham1981 sorry I do not mean to hijack your thread :)

You haven't hijacked it, threads go the way they want to :laugh: 

I'm happy with the Meriva so far and have to say the garage/ salesman I bought it from were excellent - no hard sale, obviously he had bumpf he was obliged to try and sell me, but when I said no thanks he didn't push :thumbsup: When I wen't to look at it before purchasing he handed me the keys and told me to take it out for as long as I wished while he dealt with another customer picking up a car - very trusting, but it did mean I could drive it without someone in my ear trying to persuade me, meaning I could listen to the engine etc

All in all an excellent garage and a good car :yes: 

I've also decided being as I hate cleaning cars I will give this one a once over every week and then every four or five weeks I will get a mobile valet in to give it a proper clean :thumbsup:  

Edited by graham1981

Biker    1,284

1.0L too small even for a small car.  My bike's engine is bigger!

johnbaz    416

I bought this Seat Altea a few months ago (About four!), It's a lovely ride and much smoother than any car i've had before, My old Civic did well, It passed all the tests (Except one! Leaky shocker!) in the seven years I owned it!

0fZMILe.jpg

I'm hoping this serves as well as the Civic :yes:

John :)

• Like 1