• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Newton watches

SoHo Minimalist. Simple Handcrafted Watch, born in New York.

scottswatches    4,837

A quartz watch buried under layers of marketing.  Just what are you bringing to the market that is different?

Are they made in New York, or inspired by street names and made in China?

:thumbdown:

graham1981    2,735

Hmm - well the price seems ok and the watch doesn't look too bad and well done for posting in the correct section :thumbsup: 

However I'm afraid you loose quite a few points for the marketing tripe i.e. "We’ve leveraged our unique personal relationships to partner directly with several of the world’s leading luxury timepiece manufacturers, who for decades have hand-produced luxury watches that retail around the world for over $800" 

It's all subjective - but A) In my opinion a watch selling for £600 is not a luxury watch, B) Your's doesn't appear luxurious in any way , minimalist certainly, but not luxurious and C) If you are partnering with world leading luxury timepiece manufacturers why would we not just buy from them in the first place and have a recognised name on the face? and D) How have these manufacturers managed to cut the cost, are they using lower grade materials? I can't see a manufacturer that currently has a £600 watch in their line up producing essentially the same watch for you with the same quality for you to sell with your name on the dial instead of theirs and at a much much lower price point? 

As I said the watch doesn't look bad and the price seems ok but perhaps just get rid of some of the what sounds like BS in the bumpf :yes: 

mel    1,390

:tumbleweed:

So!  Ho-Hum :whistle:

Dunno' why I bother, but - - - - - - just what are the "premium" components? A Renata Battery rather than an "Energizer"?

mach 0.0013137    11,023

Just my opinion but it seems to be a lot of hot air about a watch that looks like it could be bought from Argos for £40. I think I`ll pass on this one 59882e77b24b9_(45).gif.2df059991461e9904963a92e078fc0ec.gif

• Like 1