• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Lancman

Lancman's 'About Time Too' watch giveaway.

Lancman    401

Having been on the receiving end of the generosity of other forum members, I decided it was about time I pulled my finger out and did a giveaway of my own.

Don’t get too excited though, it’s just a slightly modded cheapie, but hopefully someone can make better use of it than I can.

IK0wcbK.jpg

It’s an Infantry Pilot style watch and it does actually have some nice features:

Big clear dial which is easy to read in all lighting conditions.

Decent sword shaped hands which are the correct length for the dial size – look at that lovely long seconds hand.

Hattori (Seiko) quartz movement so it should be accurate and reliable.

So how is it modded? I hear you ask. Well I have given it a full house lume job using my own concoction; Superlancmanova C3000. Thus making it easy to read at night as well.

OG68M99.jpg

As standard it came with just weak lume on the hands. I’m not claiming it’s now up to Seiko standards, but it’s a vast improvement and lasts most of the night.

I really like this watch and will be sorry to see it go. So why am I giving it away then? It’s all a matter of size, you see – it’s HUGE!  Here it is next to what I would consider a ‘normal’ 40mm watch:

KuZ393d.jpg

And here on my wimpy 6 1/4” wrist.

cjeSFBh.jpg

As you can see it just looks silly and I never wear it, so it's in as-new condition. The case is 45mm diameter, which I can normally get away with, but the killer for me is the overall lug-to-lug length which is a mahoosive 58mm!  The case is alloy, so it’s not heavy, but I’m afraid this is probably only for those of you who are thick-wristed (or at least wide-wristed).

As a bonus I will also throw in the black and grey Nato shown above which I think suits it well.

So there you are, does anyone think they have the wrists pull it off?  If no-one's interested I will probably end up taking it apart and using the hands and movement in another project.

Rules:

1. I don’t trust myself to set up one of those new fangled raffle thingies, so I’ll do it the old fashioned way and draw lots next weekend.

2. Just a simple 'I'm in' post here is all that's required to enter.

3. The usual '50+ posts for entry' rule applies.

4. If you win but decide it’s not for you when you get it, please pass it on here rather than sticking it in a drawer or on eBay.

Good luck!  :thumbs_up:

• Like 1

martinzx    5,941

That is a really great gesture, I love the look of the watch, but the lug to lug size is too big for me...

So I will pass, thanks :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Teg62x    1,314

Bit big for my girly wrists too, so will pass as well, but thanks for the great offer. :thumbsup:

Now where is DaveyP?

• Like 1

bridgeman    1,459

Count me in please,. Great gesture as others have said,good ol':rltrlt:

• Like 1

Robden    4,303

Bloody 'ell. Think it looks silly on your wrist?  You would die laughing if you saw what I wear on my "sticks" but TBH if I like it I don't

really care what others think. They probably wouldn't notice or care anyway.

So, yes please. I'M IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob....

• Haha 1

Say    91

Superb gesture lancman I would be grateful to be in, thankyou :thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

• Like 1

Davey P    6,024
15 hours ago, Teg62x said:

Bit big for my girly wrists too, so will pass as well, but thanks for the great offer. :thumbsup:

Now where is DaveyP?

Oh yes, that would suit my big fat bloated wrists nicely, so I... am... IN - woohoo! :clap:

Great work with the Superlancmanova C3000 as well mate, I bow down to your superior modding skills :notworthy:

• Like 1

Fine gesture mate, and an impressive bit of modding! It's sadly too big for my wrists as well, so I'll sit this one out. Thanks though. :)

• Like 1

Humbug    63

Very generous Lancman, but I am one of the "Wimp-Wristed" community, so will take a rain-check......

Good luck to all those who are man enough to wear this >45mm biggie and decide to enter the draw !

• Like 1

Robti    96

Well as I have just over 8" wrists I think I might get away with this so I'm in

many thanks for this

• Like 1

Lancman    401
48 minutes ago, Davey P said:

:watch:

:laughing2dw:

Patience lad, patience.

As per the official giveaway rules and regulations, clearly laid out in the OP, rule No.1 distinctly states that the draw will take place this coming weekend - i.e. tomorrow.

I can't possibly go around breaking my own official rules and regulations, now can I?  :nono: 

I mean, where would it all end?  T'would lead to total anarchy I tell you, anarchy!

:teethsmile:

• Like 2

Lancman    401

OK gents, entry is now closed and the draw will take place at exactly 12:00 noon (or thereabouts).

I have managed to rope my daughters in to doing it the old-skool way, by drawing names from from an official TWF hat.

Please take your seats......

Edited by Lancman

Lancman    401

The deed is done and the result is in...drum roll please....

YflpLLd.jpg

Congratulations kanab22!  :)   Please PM me your details and I will get the watch sent off to you.

Thank you and commiserations to everyone else who entered. :thumbsup:

• Like 4