• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
WRENCH

Holiday's at home.

Karrusel    6,891
1 hour ago, WRENCH said:

No airport queue here.

large.IMG_20170802_104416.jpg.5555d35e2be71ab981c4126b3c57723a.jpglarge.IMG_20170802_104517.jpg.76512ad177f2c017d21c8797f61fcf57.jpg

Is that Mach's periscope sticking up in the last pic ?

:biggrin:

• Haha 1

Roy    5,136

Just seen the news and its 45 degrees in Italy :swoon:, I'm happy to stay home too :) 

image.png

artistmike    3,602

My brother-in-law moved to Portugal 'cos he likes the sun and keeps asking me if I'd like to visit.

Currently due to local fires he has no TV, Internet or Phone. He's on emergency water from his well as mains has dried up, had to fell trees close to his house to prevent fire spread and has had to equip part of his cellar as a 'panic room' in case the fire hits them.

He has a smallholding but can only work on his land at night or very early or very late, due to the heat and his crops are dying through lack of water.. His wife has been to a consultant as the hard physical labour has damaged her neck and he had to have an operation for a hernia.

To be honest I'm happy staying in Sunny Devon.... :biggrin:

8011600282_dcd6e70f00_b.jpg

• Like 1

brummie1875    1,849

On the news this morning there was an article about the Spanish being upset about tourists finding and visiting the better "hotspots" and there being some ill feeling. The fact that 16%+ of their income comes from tourists was not placating them either. Perhaps that money would be better appreciated here along with no flight delays and proper bacon and bread.  :beach:

"Ruby Murray" take away tonight now you don't get a proper one of those abroad do you!!  :thumbdown:

Edited by brummie1875
  • Like 2

Caller.    2,902
49 minutes ago, brummie1875 said:

"Ruby Murray" take away tonight now you don't get a proper one of those abroad do you!!  :thumbdown:

You do here! There are several indian restaurants in Hua Hin, one or two are very good. I even have a chicken jalfrezi from Iceland as well as a vindaloo with separate portion of Basmati rice from the Blue Elephant of London and Bangkok fame, in the freezer! 

We also get cows on the beach here! This was a while back and the day after a huge storm, the amount of debris washed up on the beach was unreal.

wmcoQkkCo3BFRP2U685xeICQR5rWYS6fx-rARzLV

• Like 1

Chromejob    849
On 8/12/2017 at 11:26, brummie1875 said:

On the news this morning there was an article about the Spanish being upset about tourists finding and visiting the better "hotspots" and there being some ill feeling. The fact that 16%+ of their income comes from tourists was not placating them either. Perhaps that money would be better appreciated here along with no flight delays and proper bacon and bread.  :beach:

If you mean the shopkeeper who fired a rifle when some "naturists" at a local beach wouldn't put clothing on, that sounded like more than just ill feeling. Hopefully he gets the book thrown at him, he hit one woman in the leg. Could've been very tragic (like our own US bad news du jour).