Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Bill.kgr

Review: Ochstin 6050G

Recommended Posts

Bill.kgr    0

The watch was purchased from AliExpress for $16.99, so as you can imagine my expectations were low.
After receiving the watch and having used it for some time, it turns out that the watch is superb considering 
its aggressive pricing...!

Case
The diameter of the case is 41mm, while its thickens is 10mm.
In my opinion, the dimensions are excellent for most people's wrists. The watch sits very comfortably 
on the wrist and should be a great daily beater.
Material-wise, the case is made out of stainless steel and has a glossy black coating.

FJIMG_20170801_101122.jpg

FJIMG_20170801_101133.jpg

FJIMG_20170801_101213.jpg

Dial
The watch's dial is probably the number one reason why I bought the watch.
The black and white contrast enhanced by the red detailes make it look very appealing. 
As with the most chronograph watches, there is an 24-hour, a minute and a second dial. 
I found myself to really like the placing of the date display.
Lastly, it is worth noting that all the big white elements of the dial are fluorescent.

FJIMG_20170801_101146.jpg

FJIMG_20170801_101530.jpg

 

Strap
The watch arrived with a black leather strap.
Overall, the quality of the strap seems good and the stiching seems strong and well made.
Its 20mm width feels great on the wrist. I believe that I will be replacing the strap with a nato one, just because I feel that it will match the character of the watch better.

FJIMG_20170801_101301.jpg

FJIMG_20170801_101317.jpg

Overall, I am very pleased with the quality of the watch.
If you want more info about the watch, here is the link that I used to purchase it: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ochstin-Men-Watch-2016-Waterproof-Sports-Quartz-Watches-for-Men-Chronograph-Wristwatches-Male-Relogio-Auto-Date/32698706946.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Davey P    6,444
12 minutes ago, Bill.kgr said:

What is this supposed to mean? :)

I'll have a stab at explaining it for you.  Roughly translated, it means "here we go again" and it refers to the fact that we get quite a lot of people joining the forum with the sole purpose of gaining free advertising for their products.  Not saying this is what you have done, but you didn't even introduce yourself in the section helpfully entitled "Introduce Yourself", instead you chose to write a detailed and glowing review of a watch, complete with links and photos from the seller, which are also not permitted.  If you had bothered reading the terms and rules of the forum, you would have found the following:

"No advertising of products or services, or any other thing, is permitted unless sanctioned by the Admin team. Links to or URLs for commercial or other sites selling watches or watch related items are not permitted. Images linked from commercial sites will also be removed at the Admin team's discretion".

I hope that helps mate :thumbsup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mel    1,445

Go for it Davey! Go for it! :bash:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bill.kgr    0
17 hours ago, Davey P said:

I'll have a stab at explaining it for you.  Roughly translated, it means "here we go again" and it refers to the fact that we get quite a lot of people joining the forum with the sole purpose of gaining free advertising for their products.  Not saying this is what you have done, but you didn't even introduce yourself in the section helpfully entitled "Introduce Yourself", instead you chose to write a detailed and glowing review of a watch, complete with links and photos from the seller, which are also not permitted.  If you had bothered reading the terms and rules of the forum, you would have found the following:

"No advertising of products or services, or any other thing, is permitted unless sanctioned by the Admin team. Links to or URLs for commercial or other sites selling watches or watch related items are not permitted. Images linked from commercial sites will also be removed at the Admin team's discretion".

I hope that helps mate :thumbsup:

Hello Davey,
I wish the product I was reviewing was my own product, but that's not the case. I can even send you a copy of the original AliExpress invoice if you don't believe me. 
I just happened to buy my first couple of watches out of china and thought I would just post a simple review of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hooray, another Chinese Cheapie for me to look at... Oh dear, perhaps not as exciting as I had hoped. Haven't heard of that brand though - mind you, given the never-ending imagination of the Chinese for inventing new brand names, that is perhaps not surprising.

The problem with this watch is that, as I have indicated, it falls within a category stuffed with very similar watches at very similar prices and says nothing interesting or new. Sorry if I sound rude, but I really don't mean it and I can back this up by my "pedigree" of having written many topics on here about cheap Chinese watches.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bill.kgr    0
5 minutes ago, Always"watching" said:

Hooray, another Chinese Cheapie for me to look at... Oh dear, perhaps not as exciting as I had hoped. Haven't heard of that brand though - mind you, given the never-ending imagination of the Chinese for inventing new brand names, that is perhaps not surprising.

The problem with this watch is that, as I have indicated, it falls within a category stuffed with very similar watches at very similar prices and says nothing interesting or new. Sorry if I sound rude, but I really don't mean it and I can back this up by my "pedigree" of having written many topics on here about cheap Chinese watches.:)

Indeed there are multiple watches on this price category. The only thing that sought my attention to it is its non-regular appearance (maybe its due to the fonts being used?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robden    4,774
On 01/08/2017 at 15:01, Davey P said:

I'll have a stab at explaining it for you.  Roughly translated, it means "here we go again" and it refers to the fact that we get quite a lot of people joining the forum with the sole purpose of gaining free advertising for their products.  Not saying this is what you have done, but you didn't even introduce yourself in the section helpfully entitled "Introduce Yourself", instead you chose to write a detailed and glowing review of a watch, complete with links and photos from the seller, which are also not permitted.  If you had bothered reading the terms and rules of the forum, you would have found the following:

"No advertising of products or services, or any other thing, is permitted unless sanctioned by the Admin team. Links to or URLs for commercial or other sites selling watches or watch related items are not permitted. Images linked from commercial sites will also be removed at the Admin team's discretion".

I hope that helps mate :thumbsup:

Excellent! :thumbs_up:

How about a new name for Davey. Like, Davey the Doorman? :biggrin: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Davey P    6,444
Just now, Robden said:

Excellent! :thumbs_up:

How about a new name for Davey. Like, Davey the Doorman? :biggrin: 

Sorry Rob, your name's not down here, so you can't come in........ :tongue:

hqdefault.jpg

:biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robden    4,774
1 minute ago, Davey P said:

Sorry Rob, your name's not down here, so you can't come in........ :tongue:

hqdefault.jpg

:biggrin:

"But! But!" I've got ID, my bus-pass. Which I need, incidentally, when buying alcohol at the supermarket.   :whistle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bill.kgr    0

Guys, time for a little update :)
I just received a 20mm Nato strap that I had ordered for the watch. I decided to go with a military theme so I got a a dark green colored one.
Here are some photos of the strap:
FJIMG_20170812_122624.jpg

FJIMG_20170812_122650.jpg

FJIMG_20170812_122751.jpg

FJIMG_20170812_122913.jpg

And that's the link to the product: 20mm Green Nato Strap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

About Us

The Watch Forum started in 2001 as a forum for RLT Watches customers. Since then it has grown into a world wide community of watch enthusiasts and a large resource for all types of horology.

Contact Us

Email : admin@thewatchforum.co.uk

Phone: 07762 569 999
×