• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
NotMyName

Buying from the Ukraine

NotMyName    70

Looking the bay at Vostoks old and new and many of them are sold from the Ukraine.  First do any forum members have experience of buying new from Ukraine or even have any sellers they know to be reliable and fair with pricing.  Also I have read up on how to spot a genuine vintage rather than getting a mix n match, but can I generally rely on the new watches all being legit.  Am I right to assume at this price point it is not worth faking them?

WRENCH    10,106
31 minutes ago, NotMyName said:

Looking the bay at Vostoks old and new and many of them are sold from the Ukraine.  First do any forum members have experience of buying new from Ukraine or even have any sellers they know to be reliable and fair with pricing.  Also I have read up on how to spot a genuine vintage rather than getting a mix n match, but can I generally rely on the new watches all being legit.  Am I right to assume at this price point it is not worth faking them?

I've bought plenty vintage stuff from Ukraine without any issues, but you need to do your homework first because there is a lot of rubbish. For new Vostok's on eBay, I prefer buying from sellers in the Russian Federation, there are plenty of good ones. Also if you Google Meranom, you'll find a good choice of Vostoks to look at. 

WRENCH    10,106
12 minutes ago, NotMyName said:

Thanks Wrench.  Plenty too look at so I will take my time as not found one that 100% grabs me yet.

Check out some of the modified Vostok's on the forum as well. It's pretty simple to change a bezel and improve the looks.

Some good tips and sources here;

Hussle    401

Oh he's at it again!!!! This is exactly what he did to me NotMyName, ended up buying two. I was warned by others that Wrench will quite happily spend your money on Russian watches, so if you carry on it's all on you.

• Haha 1

WRENCH    10,106
8 hours ago, Hussle said:

Oh he's at it again!!!! This is exactly what he did to me NotMyName, ended up buying two. I was warned by others that Wrench will quite happily spend your money on Russian watches, so if you carry on it's all on you.

Bet you've not looked at etsy yet.

eceff8ca01008db2e0b5b07b0c2bdc7c--vintag

:laughing2dw: