• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
it'salivejim

How water resistant are Amphibias?

Roy    5,545

I don't know what the thread is about as don't have time to go over there, if I'm not banned anyway :) 

I've pressure tested a few Amphibias and they have passed every time, they are great watches for the price.

• Like 1

it'salivejim    4,427
12 minutes ago, Roy said:

I don't know what the thread is about as don't have time to go over there, if I'm not banned anyway :) 

I've pressure tested a few Amphibias and they have passed every time, they are great watches for the price.

The guy bought a used Amphibia that needed movement work from the Bay and thought he'd test the famed WR qualities.

He took it to 200m no problem, then decided to push it to 400m. It remained intact with no leaks at 400m for 15 minutes.

This was using the original gaskets that came with the watch :)

Tazmo61    328

They are well designed watches and effective in what they are designed for . Cracking watches for what you pay IMO .

• Like 2

WRENCH    10,106
2 hours ago, martinzx said:

A marvel in design!! 

Exactly.:thumbsup:

Yet when, "what cheap diver?" posts appear Vostok's very rarely get mentioned. It would be interesting to see the same test carried out on some other brands bought under similar circumstances (second hand) and see how they compared. One of those big one's with the orange dial. :laughing2dw:

martinzx    6,296
1 minute ago, WRENCH said:

Exactly.:thumbsup:

Yet when, "what cheap diver?" posts appear Vostok's very rarely get mentioned. It would be interesting to see the same test carried out on some other brands bought under similar circumstances (second hand) and see how they compared. One of those big one's with the orange dial. :laughing2dw:

Indeed, there is a great write up on the design methodology of the Vostok Amphibia on WUS :thumbsup:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f54/vostok-amphibia-analysis-design-methodology-491757.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

mel    1,445

I like them - - as do many others! Alas and alack, the days for good ones on the bay at twenty quid or so are long gone :swoon:

WRENCH    10,106
6 hours ago, mel said:

I like them - - as do many others! Alas and alack, the days for good ones on the bay at twenty quid or so are long gone :swoon:

Even at £35 + post they are still a bargain. :yes: and that's new. 

s-l1600.jpg

Hussle    401
28 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Even at £35 + post they are still a bargain. :yes: and that's new. 

s-l1600.jpg

Can I ask, where is that from?

WRENCH    10,106
22 minutes ago, Hussle said:

Can I ask, where is that from?

I'll send you a PM once I get home. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hussle    401

On 11/07/2017 at 17:42, WRENCH said:

I'll send you a PM once I get home. :thumbsup:

Just ordered 2 Vostok, there are so many to choose from it was a nightmare getting in down to one, so I got two of course. I blame Wrench!

• Haha 1

Karrusel    7,710
28 minutes ago, Hussle said:

Just ordered 2 Vostok, there are so many to choose from it was a nightmare getting in down to one, so I got two of course. I blame Wrench!

He is well known for spending other folks hard earned. :yes: 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Xantiagib    15

'very' is the answer - I had one for well over 6 years - eventually the gasket on the crown failed and the stem rusted up and seized stopping water damage to the movement!

brilliant design

Edited by Xantiagib

Hussle    401

Wow, that's pretty amazing for an inexpensive watch. You can't really fault that! Looking forward to mine coming now, although I won't be diving in them.