• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
andyclient

Photobucket Grrrrr

Photobucket have just restricted my account as 100% of my usage was for 3rd party image hosting i.e. here   It's ok they inform me I can upgrade my account ( yeah alright go on then , Not ) 

Has anyone else experienced this and can anyone recommend a less annoying free site to use as an alternative. Also is it easy to transfer the pictures to another site as I have over 700 on photobucket. I have found photobucket to be increasingly annoying for some time now but this is the last straw so a good time to find an alternative Thanks guys 

• Haha 1

PB are the pits

Been using Imugr for over a year and not one single problem.

• Like 2

Thanks guys , not only have they stopped me using any further image links they have removed the links to any previous pics in my past posts (see below link).
How infuriating , but if i'd like to pay them $59 a year it will all be ok  , yeah right good luck with that, i've downloaded my album and will be going elsewhere.

Bl**dy photobucket :angry:

I got fed up with them about a year ago, despite being a premium (paid) member.

Joined Flickr, and never had a problem.  Much easier to use and available 99% of the time.  Easy to upload whole albums too

• Like 1

Sod it, I'll start over. This forum's editor is impossible to use. :(

Edited by Chromejob

It gets worse. Someone on TZUk posted that PHotophucket users are all seeing error images indicating they have to upgrade to their account to allow third party hosting. 

Photobucket is acting up. See the Friday thread today, everyone is hitting "third party hosting" limits and being asked to subscribe to a paid plan. Is imgur the next best thing?Seiko%20mm300%20beach%202_zpsvcsjlja0.jp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Chromejob

12 minutes ago, Chromejob said:

Sod it, I'll start over. This forum's editor is impossible to use. :(

What's wrong with the editor? I've never had a problem with it?

we have been discussing the PB situation here :) 

• Like 2

Pb is done. The upgrade fee for 3rd party access is $400. Ain't.  Going.  To.  Happen. 

• Haha 1

Flickr - dead easy to use, hardly ever down and completely free, with almost unlimited storage :thumbsup: Or Roy's of course - the main reason I don't use this sites hosting is because I'm lazy and already had Flickr :yes: 

Edited by graham1981
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Roy said:

What's wrong with the editor? I've never had a problem with it?

we have been discussing the PB situation here :) 

Short answer: 1. enter a paragraph of text, e.g. "i love me some watches, yes I do." 2. paste in a quote from another user, e.g. (quote)David loves him some watches oh yes he does. (/quote) 3. type some more original text at the bottom, e.g. "and I loves me some cats AND cheese, um-hm."  The new paragraph becomes part of the quote. My attempts to cut the text from the quote and put it below always resulted in deletion of the entire quote. could not excise only my paragraph text to save my life. 

THIS is why a manual, BBcode editor is needed. GUI, WYSIWYG is great for non-technical users, but for this experienced word processor veteran, it's maddening when selection of text etc doesn't work worth a damn. After 10 mins of trying to edit, I had to abandon and start from scratch. :taz::bash::evil9kf::cursed::russian_roulette:

But screw it. It's Friday, classic US girl group songs are playing on my Chromecast, my my Kingston is gleamin' like a beacon. :photo::thumbs_up:

hENujIZl.jpg

Oh, this is Andy's thread. Silly me, I thought i was updating my thread about "Photophucket."  :crazy5vh:

Edited by Chromejob

:rltrlt:

It's 1700 here, is that too early to start swilling the gin & tonic?  Hope not, already finished my first glass, second on the way. 

2 hours ago, graham1981 said:

Flickr - dead easy to use, hardly ever down and completely free, with almost unlimited storage :thumbsup: Or Roy's of course - the main reason I don't use this sites hosting is because I'm lazy and already had Flickr :yes: 

USED to be you could only access X GB of your photos unless you paid US24.95 per year, then you had unlimited ... if you let it expire, they didn't delete your images, only let you access the "top X GB" of your storage. Nice deal. 

Flickr is full featured for photographers (how many people want to see the EXIF data of photos, and filter and search based on EXIF data?), Imgur will probably become the new kind of social media image sharing. 

But, Brothers and sisters, in this moment of severe Internet crisis, let us gather 'round the RLT hearth, raist a toast to Roy, chip in £5 for gallery permissions, and TheWatchForum.co.uk will provide shelter from the storm, and a haven for our images. What say ye? 

:rltrlt:

Edited by Chromejob

I really don't understand why members are still using Flickr and Imgur and other hosting sites when we have a perfectly adequate one here on the forum......which you can also use to post pics to all other forums you may belong to...and so much easier and quicker  than all the others

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

I really don't understand why members are still using Flickr and Imgur and other hosting sites when we have a perfectly adequate one here on the forum......which you can also use to post pics to all other forums you may belong to...and so much easier and quicker  than all the others

Thanks Rog.:thumbsup: (See my signature) 

Been using Imgur for quite a while. Last year I signed up for TWF hosting but it never even crossed my mind that I can use this hosting for other sites, I guess I thought (wrongly) that this was for TWF only..........DOH!!! :bash:

• Like 1

Like the article mentions at one point, they'll probably be down the pan after a few weeks. I think it's called 'commercial suicide'.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Like the article mentions at one point, they'll probably be down the pan after a few weeks. I think it's called 'commercial suicide'.

I hope so. They've destroyed a huge historical resource in internet forums.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

This ^ is almost certainly going to happen, and it serves them right :yes:

• Like 1

If anyone is interested in an alternative to Photobucket, apart from the usual flickr, imgur etc, I've just started using pCloud.  I already had an account anyway, but I only opened it to share a couple of skiing videos that were too large for my Dropbox.   I've uploaded some of my watch collection photos, just to try it out.  I posted a few on here today and it seems to work fine.  I'll probably sort them out into folders to get a bit more organised when I get time, so the pics I posted today might disappear when the links are broken, but I just wanted to see how easy it was to use before uploading too much stuff.

There are no adverts or pop ups on pCloud, and I've got 11Gb of free storage, so no down sides as far as I can see.

:thumbs_up:

hey Davey, it may be just me ? but I cants see your pictures , this is what I see just a jpg ref, and I do like looking at your colour collection .:)

deano

The only time I wear a watch for longer than one day is during my monthly work trips to Austria, and my preferred choice is usually one of these:

th-3169399096-645x860.jpg

th-3169394902-1528x860.jpg

I'm off again next week, so I'll probably give the latest incoming another outing, the mighty TW Steel Volante:

7 minutes ago, deano1956 said:

hey Davey, it may be just me ? but I cants see your pictures , this is what I see just a jpg ref, and I do like looking at your colour collection .:)

deano

Thanks for letting me know mate.  That is strange, they display fine on my laptop when I post 'em?  Looks like I will have to think again on this one, I've also got a flickr account so I'll just use that instead (when I get round to uploading my pics, of course...) :whistle:   I don't want to deprive you or anyone else of my, er, "interesting" collection :laugh:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Thanks for letting me know mate.  That is strange, they display fine on my laptop when I post 'em?  Looks like I will have to think again on this one, I've also got a flickr account so I'll just use that instead (when I get round to uploading my pics, of course...) :whistle:   I don't want to deprive you or anyone else of my, er, "interesting" collection :laugh:

Have a look at postimage Dave it seems ok and you can create desperate folders 

2 minutes ago, jsud2002 said:

Have a look at postimage Dave it seems ok and you can create desperate folders 

Will do mate, thanks :thumbs_up:  (Just out of interest, what are "desperate folders"...?)