• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Roger the Dodger

An update...and thanks to all.

This is all very good news Rog :thumbsup: has your taste in watches improved as well?

• Haha 1

Good news, Rog. 

Keep yew a troshin' bor!

• Like 1

Well done Sir, now then, about my garden....  :)

• Haha 1

Well done Roger, glad to hear that you're on the mend and back at the hard slog..... :)

• Like 1

All the best Rog and hope you continue to improve. My dad's just recovering from the same thing, couldn't believe the size of some of his joints. 

Fingers crossed for the results and a speedy release from the mad house:thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 06/06/2017 at 08:31, Biker said:

Just a little prick Sir, before you go....

dc2ac30aa746b1cdb36717620419df28.jpg

Speedy recovery :thumbsup:

Have her scrubbed and sent to my quarters!

Glad to hear you are on the mend Roger

• Haha 1

Went for the first outpatient appt. today since being discharged from hospital in June (it was supposed to August, but it got cancelled and moved to now).

Finally got a diagnosis from a new consultant doctor who was so pretty that I had a job to concentrate on what she was saying....in fact when she asked if I minded dropping my trousers for a steroid injection in my arse, my reply was 'Not at all Doc...fill yer boots'....I don't think she was too impressed!:laugh:

So it is rheumatoid arthritis (which I had been telling them all along) and not gout. The fact that I'm still in pain after 41/2 months proves this. So it's onto Methotrexate and blood tests for the forseeable future, but at least that should treat the problem. Will keep updated.:thumbsup:

If only those that had a real passion for treating and helping people became medics than the world would be a much better and healthier place.

Then again, consider yourself lucky for not living in an undeveloped country... Best wishes! :thumbsup:

Edited by gimli
  • Thanks 1

At long last, good news on having it resolved but not so good on the diagnosis, hopefully you can move forward now.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

So it is rheumatoid arthritis (which I had been telling them all along) and not gout. The fact that I'm still in pain after 41/2 months proves this. So it's onto Methotrexate and blood tests for the forseeable future, but at least that should treat the problem. Will keep updated.:thumbsup:

My mate suffers from the same. A hot climate and relaxed lifestyle works for him. Retirement Ahhh. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 26/05/2017 at 14:02, Roger the Dodger said:

Many of my friends here have been so supportive either on the forum or by PM, of my ongoing situation since I was hospitalised on Tuesday, that I thought a public update would avoid me having to explain several times.

Fortunately, my condition has now been properly diagnosed as 'Polyarticular gout' and not, thankfully, RA. This form of gout attacks several joints at once (hence 'poly-articular') and instead of the urea crystals staying in suspension in the joint fluid where they dissolve after a few days of pain, they attach themselves to the joint linings where they won't re-dissolve without the help of some powerful drugs. It's like having powdered glass embedded in your joints. Have had three days of intravenous steroid drip, and about to start 3 days of Colchisine treatment. Luckily, a slot for the MRI scan came up today, so that has been done to see if there is any permanent damage to my ankles. Have been told that I cannot be discharged until I can walk the length of the hospital corridor unaided...so will probably be sometime next week.

Once again, thank you all for your kind messages of support, which mean such a lot.

Rog.:thumbsup:

Read this late Rog.....Sorry.  All the best and I hope you are swiftly up and about :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, RWP said:

Read this late Rog.....Sorry.  All the best and I hope you are swiftly up and about :thumbsup:

Thanks for the support, ol' pal, but after 4 months of constant pain, have actually just been diagnosed with the dreaded RA. So it's onto Methotrexate and blood tests for the forseeable future.

• Sad 1