• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
WRENCH

Slava 2427

I've never had much luck with Slava movements, and having just acquired one with a 2427 twin barrel movement I'm wondering what to expect. There seems to be a huge amount of contradictory information on the net regarding this movement some say it is reliable and accurate, jewel counts ranging from 21 to 26, other reviews state poor reliability and accuracy, anyone got genuine hands on experience ? Thanks in advance.

I've got a few. Decent accuracy combined with poor reliability is the general consensus. Here's my 2 Slava Amphibias, both with the 2427:

DSC_0136_zpsvnvmk110.jpg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Lampoc said:

I've got a few. Decent accuracy combined with poor reliability is the general consensus. Here's my 2 Slava Amphibias, both with the 2427:

DSC_0136_zpsvnvmk110.jpg

Thanks for the reply, mine has good power reserve, needs regulated, and should it be able to be manually wound ?

8 hours ago, WRENCH said:

Thanks for the reply, mine has good power reserve, needs regulated, and should it be able to be manually wound ?

Oops... The 2 I posted above are actually the 2414 manual wind twin barrel movements! However, the one I own below is definitely a 2427 and yes it can be manually wound.

DSC_0506_zps81fc1dc4.jpg

On 03/05/2017 at 17:03, Lampoc said:

Oops... The 2 I posted above are actually the 2414 manual wind twin barrel movements! However, the one I own below is definitely a 2427 and yes it can be manually wound.

DSC_0506_zps81fc1dc4.jpg

Second shortest lived watch ownership. Didn't like lawnmowers. Gained ten minutes in an hours grass cutting, tried it twice to make sure, so its gone.:( Timekeeping once regulated was excellent, but obviously for whatever reason, vibrations upset it. So I swapped it for a Seiko.

I have one .it's a Automatic I wear it every day .it keeps good time +1 min a day is twin barrel .I'm well happy 

On 5/11/2017 at 20:21, WRENCH said:

Second shortest lived watch ownership. Didn't like lawnmowers. Gained ten minutes in an hours grass cutting, tried it twice to make sure, so its gone.:( Timekeeping once regulated was excellent, but obviously for whatever reason, vibrations upset it. So I swapped it for a Seiko.

I never let my wife wear my watches when she's cutting the grass.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Thimo said:

I never let my wife wear my watches when she's cutting the grass.

Mine wrecked the lawnmower on purpose as an excuse for never having to cut the grass again.:angry: The only person I know who would break an anvil.

• Like 1

Well got another one in a surprise gift from a friend. This one is super accurate and everything works fine. Hong Kong case, Slava  internals.

large.1501231009893-1050324386.jpg.c5da461cbdc9d36f213172948c9b1ecc.jpg

• Like 2

I just ordered a 1980s Slava. I hope it lasts. The reason I bought it is because my grandmother's name was Slava. I think if it turns out to be no good, I'll see if I can replace the movement with an inexpensive quartz.