• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
niveketak

Photobucket

17 posts in this topic

I see the PB site is down again, what does everyone else use as an image host although I might cough up and use the forum one.

Flickr seems very good :thumbsup:.  No probs so far.

1 person likes this

I am using Photobucket too, and very unstable those days :(

Never had a problem with Imgu but I still use this one the most.

2 people like this

17 minutes ago, Robden said:

Never had a problem with Imgu but I still use this one the most.

Thanks a lot for sharing, I was not aware about Imgur, I just had a quick look at it: I am very impress and it seems 10 times faster than Photobucket from Dubai, I think I iwll switch to Imgur :)

Thanks again ;)

Flickr, Flickr, Flickr! lol :) 

I've used Flickr for years and never had a single problem, used it long before I joined here for my general photography stuff and always found it to be excellent :yes: 

2 people like this

I use photobucket and it can be rather flaky.

The thing that pisses me off about Photobucket is that when a member links, the image seen on the page/tapatalk is smaller, and following the link, you can't zoom or download unless you login. So I had to create a login just see images on their site. :P Pfft to that.

I see the PB site is down again, what does everyone else use as an image host although I might cough up and use the forum one.

Flickr is a full featured site, though you have to pay to have unlimited access to all the images you upload. I used to pay for it.

Imgur is a social site that is easy to use, easy to link to, and so far I haven't found a limitation or paywall. For very temporary shots I use Tapatalk hosting (Tapatalk used to upload to Imgur and link but they dropped that feature, too useful I guess).

For only hosting images for forums, I recommend Imgur. Making a link for a small, medium, large, or full size version of your image is so simple (just append "m" or "l" to the image filename in the link).

Gone for imgur seems very easy to use although not sure about how it shows the image on here.

1 person likes this

I tend to post from my phone and need to copy and paste a URL as my phone won't upload from gallery.   Other photo share apps don't seem able to do this so interesting to hear how others get Flikr and Imgur to post on the forum.   I have an HTC M9.  

Gone for imgur seems very easy to use although not sure about how it shows the image on here.

Using a browser or mobile?

4 minutes ago, Chromejob said:

Using a browser or mobile?

Chrome browser mobile app. 

3 hours ago, Chromejob said:

Flickr is a full featured site, though you have to pay to have unlimited access to all the images you upload. I used to pay for it.

I'm not sure what you mean @Chromejob about access to your images? You still get the same amount of storage whether you use the free service or pro (1000GB) All you get by upgrading to pro is desktop uploading, no ad's (but I've never really noticed the ad's anyway) and 20% off Photoshop CC for one year. I've never been limited on access or anything :yes: 

I'm not sure what you mean @Chromejob about access to your images? You still get the same amount of storage whether you use the free service or pro (1000GB) All you get by upgrading to pro is desktop uploading, no ad's (but I've never really noticed the ad's anyway) and 20% off Photoshop CC for one year. I've never been limited on access or anything :yes: 

It may have changed in the last few years to compete with other sites (e.g Google's old service, and new Photos service, along with Amazon Prime Photos). In the past, if you were a free member you had access to [X] gigabytes of your most recent images, but paid members could access all photos (they didn't dump anything over the unpaid limit).
1 person likes this

I use photobucket and its absolute dog-****.... even worse on a tablet or mobile!

Chrome browser mobile app. 

In their interface are "link options" that you can copy for insertion into social media forums ... two of the options are BBcode and Linked BBcode, meant for direct copy 'n paste into forum editors. E.g. without incorrect tag delimiters:

{img}http://imgur.com/blahblahblah/imagefile.jpg{img}

You can append "l" or "m" for large or medium versions, e.g. imagefilel or imagefilem. ;)

Or just give a few quid to our host and use this site's hosting. ;)

1 person likes this