• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Davey P

"The Awesome Davey P 7000th post Prize Draw!" is here!

Davey P    5,714

Time for another prize draw, and this time it's to celebrate my 7000th post on this fine forum :thumbs_up:

The prize should appeal to a wide audience on here, because it's my one and only MANUAL WINDER :swoon:  I know quite a few of you are fans of watches powered by old fashioned wheels and cogs. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them, so this recently acquired Montine (generously donated by SBryantgb - Cheers mate!) is up for grabs:

20170421_091659_zpspnh225p4.jpg

I have cleared it with Steve via PM to make sure he doesn't think I'm being ungrateful, and he is fine with it.  Well, that's what he said anyway... :whistle:

The watch is in good used condition for it's age, with a few nicks and signs of general wear to the case and crystal, as you might expect.  It would benefit from a decent polish to remove the light surface scratches, but is perfectly acceptable as it is.  A nice genuine and honest vintage piece, which runs fine and kept good time on the couple of days I wore it.  Fitted with a nice soft leather strap (non-original, obviously).  No box or paperwork included.

20170421_091759_zpsumrbxspf.jpg

It has a 17 jewels shockproof movement, apparently.  Well, that's what is written on the dial anyway :tongue:  It also features a stainless steel screw down caseback, but I haven't opened it, just in case I mess up whatever witchcraft is going on inside... :wacko:

20170421_091812_zpsnzc9lwgn.jpg

Size is approx 36mm wide and 40mm high, so I would describe it as "unisex" :laughing2dw:

Here's the all-important wrist shot:

20170421_091906_zpsnobrtvms.jpg

Rules of the prize draw are simple.  Using your skill and judgement, pick a number between 00 and 99.  On Monday I will take a photo of the mileage on my car, and whoever gets closest to the last 2 digits, wins!  :yahoo:

As usual, the judges decision is final, and the prize draw organiser reserves the right to add any other terms and conditions at random that he sees fit... The competition closes at 6:00pm on Monday 24th April 2017, and the result will be announced shortly after.  No correspondence will be entered into, unless it is for bribery and corruption purposes, of course.

Timez Own    734

That is as usual very generous Mr P.

Please may I enter with 27

Very nice watch that I feel would complement my Fortis. 

I'm not sure if newbies are allowed to participate but if so I'd be keen to do so, with number 43. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davey P    5,714
5 minutes ago, 44whitehall said:

I'm not sure if newbies are allowed to participate but if so I'd be keen to do so, with number 43. Thanks!

Newbies are welcome mate, but you will need 50 posts under your belt before the PM system is activated and I can contact you for a name and address to send the prize.  Not a problem, you only need another 39 posts before Monday evening, so that should be easy.  However, no speedposting, or one of the Mods will come round and spank your bottom - You have been warned... :laugh:

Pip    1,188

Can I have 27 to match my age please Dave? (Well, I was once).
Actually I was beaten to it, make it 37 please.

Rotundus    2,649

... but which do you suppose is awesome - DP or the prize draw ? ... perhaps a bit of both ...

48 please,  your shared awesomeness :thumbsup:

Edited by Rotundus

Davey P    5,714
16 minutes ago, Rotundus said:

... but which do you suppose is awesome - DP or the prize draw ? ... perhaps a bit of both ...

I deliberately made it ambiguous mate... :whistle:

Davey P    5,714
27 minutes ago, Robin S said:

As it's a rolling last two digits, against a result of  2 would 99 beat 5 ?? :sign_question:

Yes.  Probably :laugh:

Newbies are welcome mate, but you will need 50 posts under your belt before the PM system is activated and I can contact you for a name and address to send the prize.  Not a problem, you only need another 39 posts before Monday evening, so that should be easy.  However, no speedposting, or one of the Mods will come round and spank your bottom - You have been warned... :laugh:

Thanks. Very welcoming. And the prospect of a spank...

Davey P    5,714
3 minutes ago, 44whitehall said:

Thanks. Very welcoming. And the prospect of a spank... emoji12.png

Actually I got it wrong, speedposting is punishable by a public flogging with a cat o' 9 tails :whistling:

Davey P    5,714
13 minutes ago, Teg62x said:

Ohh can I have number 56 please. :thumbs_up:

No.

Just kidding, of course you can mate :tongue:

New rule: If you pick the same number as someone else, the first person to pick that number wins.  You have been warned, so check all the other entries before submitting your entry.

NickD    373

Nice one Davey and a creative way of judging the winner. 29 pour moi s'il vous plait.

Davey P    5,714
4 minutes ago, NickD said:

Nice one Davey and a creative way of judging the winner. 29 pour moi s'il vous plait.

Not that creative mate, I've used this system before in a previous prize draw, and I think I stole the idea from someone else...  But it is simple and effective anyway, and makes a nice change from pulling names out of a hat, which is my preferred method  :biggrin:

kanab22    455

Got to be 22 for me really. Well done on the posts, every one read and appreciated many times I'm sure (this is in lieu of bribery). I have a thing about silver dials these days so that's a great prize (but only if I win of course)

Davey P    5,714
2 minutes ago, kanab22 said:

Got to be 22 for me really. Well done on the posts, every one read and appreciated many times I'm sure (this is in lieu of bribery). I have a thing about silver dials these days so that's a great prize (but only if I win of course)

There's nothing in the rules that says you can't try flattery to gain an unfair advantage... :whistling:

WRENCH    8,811

Well cover me in glue and run through the wardrobe.

25 please.

kanab22    455

3 hours ago, Robin S said:

As it's a rolling last two digits, against a result of  2 would 99 beat 5 ?? :sign_question:

Would that not be a draw?  99..00..01..02..03..04..05

Robin S    1,199
6 minutes ago, kanab22 said:

Would that not be a draw?  99..00..01..02..03..04..05

You are right, silly me forgot 00.:thumbs_up: