UK Watch Forum banner

PATEK POCKETWATCH

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  harryblakes7 
#1 ·
Hi ,Its the first post on this forum, and sorry I'm not a watch guy !!

hope one of you guys could shed a little more light on this pocket watch Ive just acquired

Its marked patek on the face and patek geneve on the movement

the movement is also marked 76746, also there is a crest which says patek geneve india and china

Ive tried to do some research on the internet, but cant find any info about just a patek pocket watch

Any info would be really appreciated and a valuation would be welcomed

many thanks

#2 ·
Hi

Unfortunately we are unable to give valuations as we are primarily 'watch enthusiasts' not appraisers.

Also, an image would be most welcome to give an opinion. :yes:

By your own admission "I'm not a watch guy" then perhaps you should seek the help of a professional appraiser, for which they will probably charge you a fee.

You may like to know, the most expensive Patek to date was the 'Henry Graves Supercomplication'

Sold for $24 million dollars in 2014.

Good luck :biggrin:

#3 ·
Hi

Unfortunately we are unable to give valuations as we are primarily 'watch enthusiasts' not appraisers.

Also, an image would be most welcome to give an opinion. :yes:

By your own admission "I'm not a watch guy" then perhaps you should seek the help of a professional appraiser, for which they will probably charge you a fee.

You may like to know, the most expensive Patek to date was the 'Henry Graves Supercomplication'

Sold for $24 million dollars in 2014.

Good luck :biggrin:
Many thanks for the kind reply, will try and get some pics uploaded later cheers

#4 ·
Try your local Bonhams, I got a free appraisal on my Patek, unfortunately it fell a smidge short of 24 million bucks, erm ok a boat load short.

To be honest you will be searching the interweb until the cows come home, been there done that got the T shirt, and finally went to Bonhams. However it will be nice for us to see it.

#5 ·
Try your local Bonhams, I got a free appraisal on my Patek, unfortunately it fell a smidge short of 24 million bucks, erm ok a boat load short.

To be honest you will be searching the interweb until the cows come home, been there done that got the T shirt, and finally went to Bonhams. However it will be nice for us to see it.
Hi Thanks for the kind reply, having probs uploading pics will try and sort it out cheers

#6 ·
As a moderator of the forum, I must repeat the rule that members should please refrain from asking for a valuation. It is impossible to value a watch accurately without examining it in person, and the idea of the Watch Forum becoming embroiled in questions of value takes us down a dangerous route that needs to be blocked before it begins.

#7 ·
Thanks Honor - needed saying - - Mach still has my old posting answer as the Unofficial Valuations Request Monitor I'm sure, - - if not I can easily dig it out and repost!

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
A wee bit late but here you are Mel...

"Most of you will know that some time ago, as the Valuations Request Monitor (unpaid and unofficial) I posted a modified version of the reply we use on theTimex Forum to these requests.

Mach and the other Moderators now use this, with my permission of course, to answer similar enquiries on The Watch Forum.

Just a word to other members to explain how this came about. A few years ago the Timexicans were asked by a woman about the value of a watch and she was given a ball park figure in good faith by one of the members there.

Unbeknownst to us, she then used this figure in a very messy divorce settlement dispute. Her ex subsequently came back to us at the Timex Forum with legals about false valuations, lawyers involved and so on, and she herself also came back with legals from her lawyers about her information and valuation being on a publicly accessed forum - this despite it being pointed out that she herself had started the whole thing off by posting on an open forum.

Eventually we had to trawl through some months of postings to extract all and any references to this woman and her watch valuation and present written argument/proof to her and his lawyers to prevent litigation.

Please bear this in mind before offering any kind of valuation on what is essentially an open forum - you may be leaving the forum open to mis-interpretation and damage the reputation of one of the best forums for watch collectors on the internet.

Mel"

Reactions: harryblakes7
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.