• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Chromejob

More Tapatalk headaches: sales "blog" post links to wrong thread

Chromejob    830

Another oddball issue with Tapatalk. The "sales post" (sort of a blog thing) has a link to "view advert." Clicking the link takes you to an ancient thread from 2003: 

http://www.thewatchforum.co.uk/index.php?/topic/611-omega-chronostop-on-mesh-bracelet/

827aa2588a3dd3e03daf14ee551444d8.jpg

Clicking "View Advert" from the "web view" of the application works find (simple web link, I guess).

667ece2e99d1af3a8b5611875a06df59.jpg

9ab0cc75868f2c88c1ff1949f9159ab2.jpg

Dunno if this is something configured in the Tapatalk plug-in, or a bug with Tapatalk and this forum's software,…

Roy    4,943

This is a Tapatalk issue it cannot deal with the classifieds.

Don't want this to sound like a downer, but if this 'tapatalk' thing or what ever it is, is giving you so much grief, (which it obviously is) why not just ditch it and go with Google Chrome, which works perfectly.....? No brainer, really.

Chromejob    830
Don't want this to sound like a downer, but if this 'tapatalk' thing or what ever it is, is giving you so much grief, (which it obviously is) why not just ditch it and go with Google Chrome, which works perfectly.....? No brainer, really.

Tapatalk doesn't give me so much grief. As a tool for following multiple sections, threads, and on several forums, it's the proverbial Swiss Army Knife. And it's cross-platform (start reading on phone, switch to tablet+keyboard to reply). It's very convenient, has a lot of timesaving shortcuts and functions. No brainer, really, just like some use Safari, some use Firefox, some use Chrome.[1]

BUT ... its interoperability with various forum software apps is varied, as a non-admin I don't know if it's the Tapatalk plug-in or the configuration of same.

I recall that years ago there was a problem with the Tapatalk plug-in, something like it couldn't be updated, or the forum software wasn't updated,… Even basic functions like "show me subscribed threads in order of most recent reply" didn't work.

I'm posting these issues only to be helpful and identify issues. If it's an annoyance to you and you don't care, I'll STFU. If it's REALLY an annoyance, drop the Tapatalk support, save on whatever fees it costs.

[1] Why don't I use a browser, on my mobile? The post editor on the current TWF software seems regressive, I can't switch to a BBcode mode where I can edit the IMG and URL tags manually. Maybe it's a button I don't recognize. Also some sites' presentation in a browser on mobile is hard to use, especially if they don't have code to detect a mobile agent and switch to an optimized alternate presentation. Does this forum have a "theme" for mobile agents? If it does, let's configure and use it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tapatalk is mostly used for forums that use a software that is not mobile-friendly, such as MyBB. IPB 4 is already designed to adapt to smartphones and tablets, so it doesn't really need Tapatalk.

Chromejob    830

NO, but a user who is monitoring threads in half a dozen forums can use a single app to interface with them. Rather like using TAPCIS or WinCIM for CompuServe, or AOL for DOS to access that service vice a Windows app. (For those of you old enough to have used those.)

If a single forum is all you want to engage with at one sitting, yeah, Safari or Firefox or Chrome or Opera are great (and you can use Lastpass or KeePass to manage logging in).