• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
laurawatch

Royal Artillery Pocket Watch

Hi, I'm looking for a wedding gift. Ideally I would like an antique world war, Royal Artillery pocket watch or just a good quality ww1/ww2 watch. I wondered if someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks

gimli    1,464

Look for Cyma GSTP pocket watches. You can find one in really good condition for 150$ maximum. Cyma being the brand and GSTP being an army or whatever abbreviation.

You could try other brands other than Cyma but look for something with the GSTP on the back (otherwise it might not be military). These are WW2 period by the way.

1940s_WW2_Cyma_GSTP_stem_windi_as170a166

vinn    252

get a military pocket watch  WITH  military  markings.  at least R.A.  and  broad arrow.

What about something like this from one of the site's regulars: http://www.birthyearwatches.com/1945-record-dirty-dozen-military-watch-mod-dial/

It's not a pocket watch, and not obviously linked to the RA, but is awfully nice and could be worn on a regular basis.  I'd be very happy if that were bought for me.  Whereas it takes a 'special' kind of person to wear a pocket watch nowadays.