UK Watch Forum banner

Grail Time - Speedy Content

1K views 25 replies 20 participants last post by  YouCantHaveTooManyWatches 
#1 ·
I set myself a personal target at work when I started a new job role and have achieved it - so what better way to celebrate than rewarding myself with a watch I've wanted ever since I got into this financially crippling interest..!

I had looked at the watch in the shop I purchased it from the week before and we agreed on a price to which I said I'd think about it, I came back with a few prices I'd seen online and they politely matched it - so I really couldn't say no...

Safely tucked in for the journey home (the box is ma-hoosive!):

fzgwvJVh.jpg

mmXjCYSh.jpg

It's a Speedmaster Professional, reference 311.30.42.30.01.005.

CWbkwHyh.jpg

MHzM3Hth.jpg

Z4sAF5fh.jpg

IwKetpCh.jpg

aOAdQtqh.jpg

HG5lLaFh.jpg

This watch sits very nicely in my (it's not a collection!!) collection as it's much less dressy than my Longines. While I love wearing it, it does feel a bit much at work some times :( but the Speedy is perfect I feel!

HoUeEnMh.jpg

This really is a forever watch for me, I can't see myself ever not loving the Speedmaster with it's design, history, reputation etc. The bracelet is a little snug, any more or less on the bracelet and it was a smidgen too loose - but I'm planning on getting a nice leather strap for it ASAP anyway.

Hope you like the pictures, I certainly like the watch! :biggrin:

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Wahoooo. Brilliant watches. Although I'll never get over the absurd packaging!

Wear it in good health :) For a leather strap I'd highly recommend one of these from Pav with brown stitching https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/505708996/handmade-leather-watch-strap-custom-made?ref=shop_home_active_1 I was given one with my speedmaster and it while some don't like black dials with brown straps, I've yet to find a strap to match it, not even my absolutely lovely and far more expensive Bulang & Sons. He might even offer a forum discount.

#5 ·
Wahoooo. Brilliant watches. Although I'll never get over the absurd packaging!
Wear it in good health [emoji4] For a leather strap I'd highly recommend one of these from Pav with brown stitching https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/505708996/handmade-leather-watch-strap-custom-made?ref=shop_home_active_1 I was given one with my speedmaster and it while some don't like black dials with brown straps, I've yet to find a strap to match it, not even my absolutely lovely and far more expensive Bulang & Sons. He might even offer a forum discount.
That strap is lovely and just what I was thinking of, thank you for bring it to my attention! [emoji4]

#4 ·
Good choice, looks like a clean example. You can't go wrong.

Reactions: Raffleticket
#16 ·
Thank you for the kind words everyone, I can't stop inspecting it and taking it off/putting it on haha :biggrin:

@marley Thank you! I saved and worked really hard for both - which makes it all the sweeter!

@Montybaber prior to this ALL my watches were automatic, except for one quartz (the 'I'm late for work and don't have time to set a watch, watch :tongue: ) so it will be interesting to see how many times I forget to wind it..!

#26 ·
Stunning. One of my grails too.

Nice pics too - wear it in good health for many decades to come!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.