• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
smenns

Omega speedmaster homage?

I have found a citizen 67-9013 that very closely resembles a speedmaster but cannot find anywhere.

Im wondering if any of you know where i can find one. Any help appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know that this is not the exact model you were looking for, but have you considered a Seiko 7a38?

Quartz Wed 8 Fab

This is mine and it wears very well indeed. This particular model has the additional day/date complication that I realise is not strictly in line with a Speedmaster, and I will admit that the form of the lugs is not ideal either (and they can be a real pig to get leather straps on too!) but several versions of the 7a28 are closer in both these respects.

Mine has recently returned from a fellow forum member who was good enough to give it a full service, clean and replace the bezel and crystal, so maintaining in is definitely possible.

Hope this helps,

James

• Like 1

Just found out that they were manufactured in the 1970s. I believe they had a 23 jewel movement but are very hard to find nowadays . Found one on ebay for £199 but it is non funtional. Sadly i dont have enough money to repair.

citizen 67-9313. 0de0cbcc281a417a87876438aae9fd9e.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alpha makes a fine copy of that doesn't it? You should check them out. Really good value for the money.

On 2/14/2017 at 20:39, JimboJames1972 said:

I know that this is not the exact model you were looking for, but have you considered a Seiko 7a38?

This particular model has the additional day/date complication that I realise is not strictly in line with a Speedmaster, and I will admit that the form of the lugs is not ideal either (and they can be a real pig to get leather straps on too!) but several versions of the 7a28 are closer in both these respects.

With respect, James's 7A38-7070 looks nothing like an Omega Speedmaster, although as he correctly states, there are a number of versions of 7A28 which include similar design elements: the 7A28-701A; 7A28-702A and 7A28-703B spring to mind.

However, if you'd consider quartz, Citizen themselves produced a decent Speedmaster homage a few years back - the AN0880-57E

19c55c461e87e01dae9b0733d636b82e.jpg[/img]

• Like 2