UK Watch Forum banner

I'm in trouble

603 views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Velizark0 
#1 ·
Another boring day for men at work and no managers on my head :wicked:

So I am doing what every single employee would do ... :character0275:

Thinking of it now I could do some paper work that would keep me away from falling in love whit another watch :

Some would say that's the poor man Breitling Navitimer but:
Sinn are legally allowed to produce the watch with this dial layout and format having purchased the right when Breitling went bankrupt in the 1980s

Sinn 903 ST B E is the object of my drooling today :blush:

My problem is If I get it this year that will set me off my road to 30th B-Day Rolex...

Anyone else been in similar dilemma and what was your outcome?

My strongest fear at the moment is that my credit card can cover them both :russian_roulette:

b99fbbc88d15f296813222f07e2fbafb.jpg

See less See more
#2 ·
Keep your eyes on the bigger prize.

Anytime I have failed to do so I have been disappointed...

Reactions: Velizark0
#6 ·
I have always found it strange that pilot watches seem to come in two kinds: those like that Sinn and the Navitimer it's similar to, and those that are pretty much empty of dial stuff. Perhaps the pilot will need to wear two, as our esteemed Mach has?

Reactions: Velizark0
#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have always found it strange that pilot watches seem to come in two kinds: those like that Sinn and the Navitimer it's similar to, and those that are pretty much empty of dial stuff. Perhaps the pilot will need to wear two, as our esteemed Mach has?
Maybe I should change my name to Biggles - Chocks away chaps!! :laugh:

Getting back to the original post, I`d also recommend going for the Rolex, as for the Sinn, if it`s the looks you like have you considered trying the Rotary version...

9109531_R_Z001A?fmt=pjpg&wid=570&hei=513

£89 from Argos, if you find you still like the style you could save up to buy the Sinn later :biggrin:

#11 ·
Picking up on the point made by apm101, it seems to be the fate of the pilot's watch type that watch companies have, to some extent, gone from the sublime to the ridiculous. It is not generally realised that the essence of a pilot's watch is a clear and legible dial, with an accurate movement and the abililty to withstand the rigours of the pilot's job. Originally, decent lume would also have ben important.. Therefore, to my mind, the nicest pilot's watches are simple rugged timepieces that serve the main functions of accuracy and legibility over and above any subsidiary complications.

#13 ·
My Rolex goal is to celebrate and get something for my 30th B-Day ( Usually i don't celebrate it at all )

This Sinn is something that drag my attention few months back and it's been growing on me to the point where this morning i just start drooling :blush:

@mach 0.0013137 that Rotary is a good looker but I want my collection quartz free

@deano1956 " a rolex will always be a rolex " that is a good point :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone I think will hold my horses for now...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.