• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
RWP

The Last Watch you bought, and when.

This one landed today and I bought it Saturday something very different 45mm chunk 

2FA4B648-DFBF-483E-B7F8-02C71816A536_zps

• Like 5

What I enjoy most about my chosen career is that I have to continually have to keep buying watches.  I can't call it work.  But I also like the need to keep gaining knowledge.

Yesterday I was at a collectors fair, and this grabbed my attention.

1945 Record

Now, I have never bought a military watch before, but knew a little about the dirty dozen.  And I knew they were faked a lot.  So the dilemma is - do I buy a watch I know little about for a considerable amount of money?  Or do I walk away?

DSC_0092

It cleaned up nicely!  This has the MOD replacement dial that has the watch stock code on the dial instead of the Record logo.  The case back doesn't match the watch case - the serial number is 26 out - but this seems to have been a very frequent occurance when they were serviced.  The timekeeping seems excellent, but these were specified to be very accurate.  Not bad for 72 years old and it has been through the wars.

Seven more arriving from Bonhams in the next few days too, and an offer on a JLC in Italy that the guy doesn't want to use paypal (no deal then!)

• Like 3

I haven't bought a watch for ages... I've been saving up and I'm pretty bored of it to be honest! I've got a few in mind but just waiting for on to pop up... Breitling Aerospace Evo, Tudor Black Bay, or if I continue to save a Speedie Pro. All subject to change at a moments notice of course :)

• Like 2

My latest was delivered on Sunday (much to my surprise) from Amazon.de. This model had been on my radar for some time and I couldn't resist when I spotted they had it for just £29 delivered (Amazon.uk have it at £120). Of course, being a Sunday meant  SWMBO was at home and got to the door first........:swoon:

NLyIFNO.jpg

• Like 6

18 hours ago, robden said:

On its way..................sorry.

s-l1600.jpg

Just arrived and I'd just like to say how good it is...........................but I can't. It's  load of :bullshitter:.

That's what too much falling down water does when looking on tinternet.  Good job it was only a tenner.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bridgeman said:

Sunday,   Woodford auto wristwatch ,expected tomorrow........had one sometime ago,but not the open heart ❤️ like this one., 

@trackrathad one some time ago on here! Pictures tomorrow.

And here it is, 2824 allegedly, maybe a bit small at 38 including crown but sits nicely and keeps excellent time.

can see where Roy got his badge disc blanks from.....

IMG_1757_zpsx7fhbs1a.jpg

IMG_1753_zpsoimmklx4.jpg

IMG_1748_zpskragovuu.jpg

Edited by bridgeman
  • Like 4

I think that the last watch I bought was a Seiko 7T92 in June LAST year from Mr Levity of this very forum. Haven't had the inclination to buy another one since then.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DJH584 said:

I think that the last watch I bought was a Seiko 7T92 in June LAST year from Mr Levity of this very forum. Haven't had the inclination to buy another one since then.

Something up there......blow the moths out of your wallet and get buying before a mod reads your post :bash:

9 hours ago, RWP said:

Something up there......blow the moths out of your wallet and get buying before a mod reads your post :bash:

Well it appears I'm not the only one, Bob's only a couple of months behind me!!!

• Like 1

c9d79fb1cfee1b6cf1e31902a6642a4f.jpg 1980s citizen eagle seven bought a couple of weeks ago from ebay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 2/1/2017 at 11:03, Lancman said:

My latest was delivered on Sunday (much to my surprise) from Amazon.de. This model had been on my radar for some time and I couldn't resist when I spotted they had it for just £29 delivered (Amazon.uk have it at £120). Of course, being a Sunday meant  SWMBO was at home and got to the door first........:swoon:

NLyIFNO.jpg

This watch is an incredible bargain.I got one from Amazon UK and i thought £60 was a steal!! The watch punches way above its weight in the style states. Accurist have been inspired by two Omega designs;this watch is homage to the Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow Olympic and the Planet ocean Olympic. The brown leather strap is also a copy of the Omega strap;i have changed mine for a dark blue with cream stitching lorica water resistant strap(lug width is in fact standard 22mm not 21 as advertised specs say. Im very happy with mine,i also like that the main seconds are continually running .

• Like 1

On 01/02/2017 at 22:39, 1475lee said:

Tudor black bay blue 14 January 

20170122_185522.jpg

Me too. Snap :)

2hewtty.jpg

Feb 10th (ish)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Richy said:

Got this on 8th February, 5 out 1 in. But what a 1, never had it off me wrist since I got it!

omega_seamaster_quartz.jpgphoto hosting

Richy

Brilliant choice and investment. I have an example of the same model. 

• Like 1