• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
EJL73

New in, the "other" Moonwatch

EJL73    9

The postman delivered this today. What a beauty!!!

-t2YLBRLh2WM6jaHlW2V4Mw1WYTiRvdsRefHZ3lE84EojpOJ24kAEW1txw8NI5miczKunC0H9UZacVlg1cwC2s96L5mc0DCrgOrKC6Xeuwxnhr0Ovv3bQ9Aa8zzZgHMaFQT4THXcUKcorz6fNf4yAFVjKi0--32okvKwA_rUFwALQORJfP5HfV-N8M-gMe84DKfGyZiUgEddCzG8z7GsnvB2Qt9UziV6c6YvSb1pEN7_LP4nLHhEWIzU00gP_stIuW9tiZJuXfLCrBE31NcpJVfO1qCD6-YXYz6UQCtaa-eVPdKdP38FH3Fx3J0mfw6Vwdo5q-Y3Nb17jARsdZty7o6FLL1ScK6nJvzzUkG_bpqR41Nne8UUQ4zjr9nmGmDAMVaGoqwmeSqOk5D2g1oPQvx0rSa69VGzfz0HhFNPerUcR89aBT6r2bTQr5xsz11PZXu7Wv5uySrUtmEmdjlggJiWOjS1ttC_XQun1YMyjoZhju5hQxImYil-6XzVUTWgZbszHQfVeYGIaFKZGJ4icLFi7cqbKToN0BsFxbQM0VHrOtN7_G8c2fKrAcRgGl85mcqaGsxU0ocTl-yHJgtyUtKqiopNHrf98y0r7FzE2tcdIU6QpruozQ=w479-h638-no

p.s. sorry for the rubbish picture!

Davey P    5,714

Excellent stuff, well done mate :thumbs_up:

The only way that could look any better would be if it was on my wrist instead :laughing2dw:

EJL73    9
3 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Excellent stuff, well done mate :thumbs_up:

The only way that could look any better would be if it was on my wrist instead :laughing2dw:

Thanks Davey. I was actually saving for the Omega moonwatch, but then reality hit and I realised I probably wouldn't ever dare wear it. This (although not cheap) is cheap enough to wear as much as I want! And it has saved me 1000s (for now) which is a real bonus :thumbsup:

EJL73    9

And, I must add, it feels and looks super quality. I was worried I would be a little disappointed. Even the bracelet doesn't feel cheap. Really impressed with it...

Davey P    5,714
7 minutes ago, EJL73 said:

Thanks Davey. I was actually saving for the Omega moonwatch, but then reality hit and I realised I probably wouldn't ever dare wear it. This (although not cheap) is cheap enough to wear as much as I want! And it has saved me 1000s (for now) which is a real bonus :thumbsup:

That's exactly how I would feel as well.  The Omega is an absolute classic, and probably my favourite watch of all time, but in reality I would never spend 4 figures on a single watch, so I will never own one.  However, the Bulova has got just as much wrist presence as far as I can see, but at a fraction of the cost.  And if you've got a decent case back opener, you have the added bonus of being able to change the battery for less than a quid, instead of mega expensive Omega servicing costs (I've changed batteries on a few of my Precisionists, and it's no more difficult than any other quartz).  Definitely a win-win situation :yes:

Feel free to post as many photos as you like mate, it's always interesting to see how these look in the real world rather than advertiser's Photoshops.

owain1    279
The postman delivered this today. What a beauty!!!
-t2YLBRLh2WM6jaHlW2V4Mw1WYTiRvdsRefHZ3lE84EojpOJ24kAEW1txw8NI5miczKunC0H9UZacVlg1cwC2s96L5mc0DCrgOrKC6Xeuwxnhr0Ovv3bQ9Aa8zzZgHMaFQT4THXcUKcorz6fNf4yAFVjKi0--32okvKwA_rUFwALQORJfP5HfV-N8M-gMe84DKfGyZiUgEddCzG8z7GsnvB2Qt9UziV6c6YvSb1pEN7_LP4nLHhEWIzU00gP_stIuW9tiZJuXfLCrBE31NcpJVfO1qCD6-YXYz6UQCtaa-eVPdKdP38FH3Fx3J0mfw6Vwdo5q-Y3Nb17jARsdZty7o6FLL1ScK6nJvzzUkG_bpqR41Nne8UUQ4zjr9nmGmDAMVaGoqwmeSqOk5D2g1oPQvx0rSa69VGzfz0HhFNPerUcR89aBT6r2bTQr5xsz11PZXu7Wv5uySrUtmEmdjlggJiWOjS1ttC_XQun1YMyjoZhju5hQxImYil-6XzVUTWgZbszHQfVeYGIaFKZGJ4icLFi7cqbKToN0BsFxbQM0VHrOtN7_G8c2fKrAcRgGl85mcqaGsxU0ocTl-yHJgtyUtKqiopNHrf98y0r7FzE2tcdIU6QpruozQ=w479-h638-no
p.s. sorry for the rubbish picture!

Is it 45.5mm any distance short to gauge how it sits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EJL73    9

12 minutes ago, Toddy101 said:

Pics not working for me:(

Hmmm....what have I done? Or not done?

49 minutes ago, owain1 said:

Is it 45.5mm any distance short to gauge how it sits

I haven't measured it, but I am a 40-41 mm watch man normally, and this doesn't feel too big. It is bigger than my other watches but not too ostentatious (in my humble opinion).

EJL73    9

Right, few hours in, this is better than expected and would be "perfect" except for the fact that the crystal sits proud above the case. Looks great but I reckon I'll be getting some chips in that eventually....

But you know, for $400 what do you expect???

Pip    1,188

Is it because the moon isn't real? (Yes, there are actually people that think this! 🤡🤡)

William_Wilson    7,203
3 minutes ago, Pip said:

Is it because the moon isn't real? (Yes, there are actually people that think this! )

Which moon do you mean? :wink:

Later,
William