• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
RWP

Nicest Sekonda.

RWP    13,843

The humble Sekonda is often overlooked imho .    For the money it's hard to criticise reallly. Brass cases, pressed bracelets......but they do the job :yes:

I expect most of us have at least one, I have quite a few.

Who has the prettiest Sekonda?

My offering

26348166832_973a7508a2_b.jpg

The best in my book.

Anyone else?

Cheers.

Davey P    5,714

Just this one in my collection, which I won in Roy's competition last year:

20160105_111724_zpsbbkwhvwk.jpg

Not worn very often, so I'll probably end up flipping or swapping it on here sometime.  I seem to prefer simpler dial designs these days, but I must admit it is a very pretty watch (much better looking in real life than my photo suggests) and wears nicely on this aftermarket rubber strap. It was originally fitted with a mesh strap, but I gave that away to one of our members who wanted one.  I've tried it on various other straps, and to be honest it looked good on whatever I fitted :thumbsup:

Migzy    249
3 hours ago, RWP said:

The humble Sekonda is often overlooked imho .    For the money it's hard to criticise reallly. Brass cases, pressed bracelets......but they do the job :yes:

My offering

The best in my book.

Anyone else?

Cheers.

Great looking watch. Is it quartz or auto?

RWP    13,843
22 minutes ago, Migzy said:

Great looking watch. Is it quartz or auto?

Quartz Migzy:yes:  

I only have one......it's brand new, never been worn.....if you get hold of this you will be the first person to wear it. It is the prize in my upcoming 10k post comp, and was purchased soley for the event.

large.20170111_195310.jpg

Nigelp    4,558
4 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

I only have one......it's brand new, never been worn.....if you get hold of this you will be the first person to wear it. It is the prize in my upcoming 10k post comp, and was purchased soley for the event.

large.20170111_195310.jpg

Have you been shopping we my mum?:(

Nigelp    4,558
2 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

What did you expect...a f@cking Rolex?........Be grateful, Nige....:angry:

Only a joke its very nice its the same as my dads. 

Just now, Nigelp said:

Only a joke its very nice its the same as my dads. 

Well there you go...can't be bad at all then. We all look up to our Dads, bless 'em.

JayDeep    1,401
8 hours ago, RWP said:

My offering

The best in my book.

Anyone else?

Cheers.

Gorgeous

ZenArcade    312

Sekonda, beware of expensive imitations :biggrin:

I have a knackered old Sekonda presumably has some Pobeda or Raketa movement inside, the main problem I find with picking up old Sekonda watches is the dress ones tend to be gold plated (its like the worst of both worlds, not gold, not steel) or even worse, gold colour.  I think they have suffered a little like Timex in that they were so cheap and mass produced in the past its hardly worth restoring unless its of sentimental value.  Of course the old Sekonda chronograph is now going for silly money but todays Sekonda are a bit like todays Accurist and Rotary.....

martinzx    5,446

If I remember correctly USSR SeKondas were export Poljots, actually very good watches particularly the automatics & the famous Space Chronographs. Not to be confused with the Chinese tat  watches of today. :whistle:

Mach got a white Sekonda badged one, or maybe even two... the black one below is a Poljot of course.

DSC07030.jpg

DSC05765.jpg

Lancman    314

Can't argue with the value for money. This one is probably not the prettiest, but can be had for around £7 on Amazon. Comes on a slightly iffy fabric strap but I fitted an old bracelet from my spares box and even though it's not a particularly good match, it's now become one of my favourite beaters. I can't even put my finger on quite why I like it so much. :huh:

NMqgTtC.jpg

Doesn't look too bad on leather either...

ybjHkyr.jpg

Edited by Lancman

Lancman    314

Can't argue with the value for money. This one can be had for around £7 on Amazon. Comes on a slightly iffy fabric strap but I fitted an old bracelet from my spares box and even though it's not a particularly good match, it's now become one of my favourite beaters. I can't even put my finger on quite why I like it so much. :huh:

NMqgTtC.jpg

Doesn't look too bad on leather either...

ybjHkyr.jpg

And this is my only other Sekonda...

PLsMQkL.jpg

scottswatches    4,551
20 minutes ago, Jonesinamillion said:

for any sekonda fans....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ZA1OIRK/?tag=ho01f-21 

£15 instead of £50 (alleged rrp)

Great green dial, and on a bracelet too for £15. I've bought one, thanks for the heads up

I might wear it once or twice.  If nothing else it would be a great secret Santa for next year!

Jersey1965    793

large.WP_20170125_19_16_22_Pro.jpghaving lots of dosh on building my collection in the last few years and being told by my other half that other priorities this year , I decided to root through some old beaters from a few years ago before I caught the watch bug and came up with this one. Got rid of the worse for wear canvas strap and got a new strap. Think it looks ok?

Edited by Jersey1965
forgot pic

RWP    13,843
27 minutes ago, Jersey1965 said:

large.WP_20170125_19_16_22_Pro.jpghaving lots of dosh on building my collection in the last few years and being told by my other half that other priorities this year , I decided to root through some old beaters from a few years ago before I caught the watch bug and came up with this one. Got rid of the worse for wear canvas strap and got a new strap. Think it looks ok?

I like it :thumbsup:

Jersey1965    793
20 minutes ago, RWP said:

I like it :thumbsup:

thanks , strange thing is after discovering the likes of tag and breitling, I never thought id be wearing this again. Just goes to show its not about makes and values, all watches in my view have their own appeal. Think this one will be coming to work with me tomorrow.