• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
smenns

Best seiko diver for under £200?

smenns    10

Hi everyone. Ive been part of this group for the last few days and have a small collection of watches. I dont really have the funds at the moment as im 16 so my max budget is £200 so I thought that seiko was the best brand to go with at that price point.

Ive been looking at the seiko snzf15 as i like the pepsi design and it is also as near to 40mm face as i could find. This is because my wrists are quite small so i cant really go bugger than 40mm really. I also prefer automatic movements. Im open to any suggestions anyone has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hughlle    4,143

The best question is do you want to buy new? £200 in the second hand market opens up a whole range of possibilities

scottswatches    4,217

A Seiko marine master would be a great used buy for £200. In fact, if anyone wants to sell one I have money waiting :laugh:

more seriously, why not look at micro brands? I like Seiko a lot, but could you get a more interesting watch (a Steinhart, or G. Gerlach for example) that you might not tire of so quickly. As a young whippersnapper I would have preferred something that was not on every high street. 

The other route would be Bulova. 

Nothing wrong with your decision if you went for a Seiko though. I am just opening the options 

Nigelp    4,360

The Citizen Promaster Excalibur is nice for half the 200.

Image result for citizen promaster excalibur

Timez Own    724

If you like pepsi style what about a 009? (Seiko)

You might also like to have a look at offerings from Orient

Maybe have a look on the Creation website for ideas

It may well be worth seeing if Roy has anything online also, you never know :thumbsup:

smenns    10

Thanks for everyones help. Im having a look around at the watches you guys have suggested.

Timez Own    724
1 hour ago, smenns said:

Thanks for everyones help. Im having a look around at the watches you guys have suggested.

Let us know what you end up with won't you. :yes:

Good luck on your quest young @smenns :thumbsup:

weaselid    1,021

The skx range would be an excellent choice. The skx007 and skx009 wear smaller than their specifications suggest. Good luck with your quest.

Edited by weaselid

Mr Levity    3,507

I have very small wrists too. I have the SKX007 and it is just right for me so would be a good choice (or 009 if you prefer the pepsi bezel).

As has been suggested, if you're not actually going to dive (or even swim) with it, consider buying used.

For £200, a nice Orient (Mako or similar) or Citizen could be had. With change too, probably.

I'm a dyed in the wool Seiko fan but I like my new Mako more than the SKX.

29765606130_49679f3f5e.jpg

smenns    10

I have been looking around at various watches that you guys have suggested and i have seen a steinhart that is absolutely stunning. 70aa72ee031c9454a05bf7935655f427.png only problem is it is about £250 out of my price range. So unless i can find one for a better price i will save up my money for the steinhart. Hopefully it wont take to long .

Toddy101    1,221

Steinhearts are great watches. Not sure if you'll find a cheap one unless some kind soul on here offers you one as they go for silly money on ebay etc. Keep saving though as it's well worth it:thumbsup:

JimboJames1972    2,542

I'd be really interested in what you go for here. I'm after a Pepsi bezel diver-type at under 40mm diameter (same skinny wrist syndrome as you). 40mm case/bezel diameter is really the absolute max I can comfortable get away with.

Ive thought about SKX009, but fear they are too big.  Also, I'd rather have a movement that is a bit more up to date, a bit more reliable/accurate and hackable too (I've experienced the 7s26 movement in a Seiko 5 sports watch and it was not a particualrly happy experience for me).  SKX013 is smaller, but still runs the same movement.  I've seen a few SKA models in my local jewellers and there is something odd about the lugs that just makes them look fat and pregnant on my wrist. 

My search continues...

J

smenns    10

8447b375cd1ae1ada51aa2eb4029ce47.png
Well i have just purchased this 1980s citizen eagle 7 and i decided on waiting a slight bit longer to get a nice pepsi style diver. I aim to purchase it by this time next year. I would also like to hear your guys opinion on my new purchase.

smenns    10
I'd be really interested in what you go for here. I'm after a Pepsi bezel diver-type at under 40mm diameter (same skinny wrist syndrome as you). 40mm case/bezel diameter is really the absolute max I can comfortable get away with.
Ive thought about SKX009, but fear they are too big.  Also, I'd rather have a movement that is a bit more up to date, a bit more reliable/accurate and hackable too (I've experienced the 7s26 movement in a Seiko 5 sports watch and it was not a particualrly happy experience for me).  SKX013 is smaller, but still runs the same movement.  I've seen a few SKA models in my local jewellers and there is something odd about the lugs that just makes them look fat and pregnant on my wrist. 
My search continues...
J

I purchased this citizen on thursday from ebay. It was only £40 but came with a dated bracelet. I got it replaced today with this brown buffalo hide strap. c3d86e238cde061a2c1b0dd30124b99e.jpg