• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Valley_JP

Good Morning - Watch Noob

13 posts in this topic

Good Morning All,

Josh here from Bedford. Been used to not wearing a watch for so long but had an opportunity to purchase myself a Rolex Datejust. What a lovely time piece it is.

Would love to find out how to get an accurate date on it as it didnt come with papers but my belief is that it is between 1966-69.

C

Welcome @Valley_JP! Sounds like a lovely watch, I'd love to see some pics if you fancy posting them.

iirc the date on a Rolex is calculated from the serial number which is located between the lugs at the 6 o'clock end... you can look up that serial number quite easily to see the year I think. (No expert so I may be wrong but if I am someone will be along soon to point us all in the right direction).

Welcome Josh :thumbsup:

Good to see another new member and I do hope you enjoy the forum and write a few posts on it. In order to date your Datejust, Josh, I reckon you will need to post pics and serial numbers, etc., as I feel sure that there will be Rolex buffs here ready to give you the details you want. :)

Thank you very much for the warm welcome.

This is the only picture I have at the minute when it was serviced in November including a new bracelet which did not help my wallet :(

C0A197AD-5006-46A5-8E75-75A115991958.jpg

I still haven't taken off the side protection bits because I am in 2 minds whether to sell it on.

1 person likes this

Welcome, that is a timeless, lovely watch you have there :) 

If you're in two minds about selling it, I'd hold on to it until you're certain you want to sell it. Only thing worse than buyer's remorse is seller's remorse... 

Plus it gives you a good opportunity to wear it some! :laugh:

2 people like this

Yeah, you're completely right @Raffleticket I will keep it for the time being and try and get some use out of it.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

1 person likes this

Welcome and nice Rolex! I'm only down the road from!:thumbsup:

Welcome. Keep the rolex and in order to keep it in absolutely perfect condition buy a few more watches to wear as well :yes:

It'll happen. You may as well give in now

Cheers for the warm welcome guys. Where are you from @G4 EDW?

Welcome to TWF!  Nice watch!

Welcome to :rltrlt: it's a great place to be!

(Is that a callsign? G4? )

Welcome from another n00b