Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Recommended Posts

martinzx    5,446

Here are some macro pictures of my Vintage Omega hummer from 1972, in 14K gold cap. I am thrilled with the condition and accuracy of this watch, it has only gained 4 seconds in 6 days. Are all hummers this accurate? And the sweep hand is sublime. :)

IMG_1973.jpg

IMG_1972.jpg

IMG_1968.jpg

IMG_1971.jpg

IMG_1978.jpg

IMG_1983.jpg

 

Edited by martinzx
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
martinzx    5,446
2 minutes ago, Silver Hawk said:

:thumbsup: can't go wrong with a hummer! 

Must admit Paul its my first one, even after all these years. But not my last, that is for sure!

Cheers Martin :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Silver Hawk    1,178
2 minutes ago, martinzx said:

Must admit Paul its my first one, even after all these years. But not my last, that is for sure!

Cheers Martin :)

Strange....I thought you must have had one before.... :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davidcxn    4,022

That's something special Martin and in immaculate condition. Definitely one to wear and enjoy. :yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Padders    1,333
3 hours ago, martinzx said:

Here are some macro pictures of my Vintage Omega hummer from 1972, in 14K gold cap. I am thrilled with the condition and accuracy of this watch, it has only gained 4 seconds in 6 days. Are all hummers this accurate? And the sweep hand is sublime. :)

As you may have gathered from my various ramblings, I am a big fan of these which offer full Connie quality at a fraction of the price of the automatic movement models, in many cases with improved accuracy. Hope you yours it as much as I like my selection. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Damo516    2,487

That looks in lovely condition Martin, great find :)

When I was doing some research on these I found in good condition they should be good for +/- 2spd :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
martinzx    5,446
3 hours ago, Silver Hawk said:

Strange....I thought you must have had one before.... :huh:

I have had several and still own some Electronic watches, but this is my first hummer :thumbsup:

 

 

2 hours ago, greasemonk said:

beautiful watch Martin,thats really nice,must find me one of those :thumbsup:

Many thanks, I doubt you would regret it, I am smitten! :yes:

 

57 minutes ago, davidcxn said:

That's something special Martin and in immaculate condition. Definitely one to wear and enjoy. :yes:

Thanks very much! :thumbsup:

 

42 minutes ago, gimli said:

Beautiful specimen.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

 

23 minutes ago, Padders said:

As you may have gathered from my various ramblings, I am a big fan of these which offer full Connie quality at a fraction of the price of the automatic movement models, in many cases with improved accuracy. Hope you yours it as much as I like my selection. 

Yes indeed, I think it was you comments that inspired my purchase, thanks so much! I have another in the pipeline already!
 :yes:

 

2 minutes ago, Damo516 said:

That looks in lovely condition Martin, great find :)

When I was doing some research on these I found in good condition they should be good for +/- 2spd :)

Thanks very much, indeed the accuracy is amazing for a 1972 watch! 

Cheers Martin 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SBryantgb    9,599

That is a lovely watch martin :thumbsup: I have had four hummers in total (one was a Bulova) and although I'm back down to just the one now I do however see another coming along in the near future :yes:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
martinzx    5,446
6 minutes ago, SBryantgb said:

That is a lovely watch martin :thumbsup: I have had four hummers in total (one was a Bulova) and although I'm back down to just the one now I do however see another coming along in the near future :yes:.

Cheers Steve! I see another coming along in the near future also :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Littlelegs    779

Lovely looking watch. I love my f300 cone which has been extremely accurate in the time I've had it. The only thing I find is it uses a battery in just over 12mths. I think this is common but silverhawk will know better than me. As batteries are cheap I just keep one in. I love the hum....-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Humbug    59

Paul (Silver Hawk) serviced my Omega f300 day day/date some while back - accuracy is 0.7 secs per 24 hours !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robden    3,869

Thanks for reminding me. I have six hummers, one of which is a  Longines  with a knackered date wheel that I've forgotten to send to Paul for repair.(I'll get that sorted if it's ok Paul).

What's the collective noun for a group of "hummers"?...........A buzz of hummers?...........A hive of hummers?............Any ideas?

Rob....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Silver Hawk    1,178
29 minutes ago, robden said:

Thanks for reminding me. I have six hummers, one of which is a  Longines  with a knackered date wheel that I've forgotten to send to Paul for repair.(I'll get that sorted if it's ok Paul).

What's the collective noun for a group of "hummers"?...........A buzz of hummers?...........A hive of hummers?............Any ideas?

Rob....

A racket of hummers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robden    3,869
23 minutes ago, Silver Hawk said:

A racket of hummers?

Sorry Paul but don't agree with that. After all it's not a "racket" is it? In fact I find the sound quite soothing. :Snore:

Although, in your workshop, the sound of all those hummers may not be so nice.  :taz:

Rob....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Silver Hawk    1,178
27 minutes ago, robden said:

Sorry Paul but don't agree with that. After all it's not a "racket" is it? In fact I find the sound quite soothing. :Snore:

Although, in your workshop, the sound of all those hummers may not be so nice.  :taz:

Rob....

One might be soothing, even two or three, but when you have 10+ sitting on hard surfaces, it is a racket. :toot::bash::band:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robden    3,869
3 minutes ago, Silver Hawk said:

One might be soothing, even two or three, but when you have 10+ sitting on hard surfaces, it is a racket. :toot::bash::band:

PM sent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SBryantgb    9,599
4 minutes ago, PC-Magician said:

Selling some of mine as I need the funds.

:clap:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Padders    1,333
1 hour ago, PC-Magician said:

Selling some of mine as I need the funds.

Well don't keep us in suspense then..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PC-Magician    2,365
5 hours ago, Padders said:

Well don't keep us in suspense then..

All will be revealed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×