UK Watch Forum banner

Blooming batteries !

717 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  vinn 
#1 ·
A couple of days ago the second hand of my Omega x-33 went into it's 5 sec mode to show a low battery so I bought a couple of replacements from battery-House.co.uk which arrived this morning and I happily set to, to go through the rather long and delicate job of changing the battery and doing a complete re-set of all the timers etc.

It all seemed to be working OK, so I screwed the back back on and re-set all the features only to find, when I put it back on my wrist that the battery I'd chosen of the two didn't even have enough power to operate the light, so I had to go through the whole process again, and it's a fiddly one, with the other battery. Luckily that one seems to be fine.

However, to avoid that happening again can anyone let me know the best quality of CR 2320 battery they know of to ensure that doesn't happen again and that I get a decent life out of the darned thing .... Obviously they are all supposed to be the same but as of much in life, some things are more equal than others.... :yes:

#3 ·
I have bought Sony batteries in the past and never had a problem then one failed after a week. Tried Energiser similar problem but more quickly and Varta which so far have been OK. I think sometimes batteries just don't work or fail early and it is something we have to accept changing our own, notwithstanding the fiddly fitting. The jeweller would charge a fortune but if it failed then it goes back for them to have the problem.

#5 ·
What him up there said.

Renata 2320 batteries are £4.60 for ten from Cousins plus VAT, so about 50p each. Much better than the Sony ones in my experience (although I've had to use those in the past when I've been stuck and they are fine 90% of the time).
I tried the JCB batteries, they were decent quality but again I've had one or two fail within 12 months.

I'm doing a small Cousins order early next week, more than happy to send you some of the Renata's if you need?

#6 ·
you would have thought a new battery is just that, but I wonder if this is a manufacturing issue or a age issue?? just because its new in a packet doe not mean it not been stood or even manufactured a year/ two years before ??are batteries or their packaging date stamped ?

deano

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
you would have thought a new battery is just that, but I wonder if this is a manufacturing issue or a age issue?? just because its new in a packet doe not mean it not been stood or even manufactured a year/ two years before ??are batteries or their packaging date stamped ?

deano
Renata have the use before date on the battery packaging , i believe most of the decent makes are dated

#11 ·
I did check the old one that came off but stupidly didn't check the new new, until I'd taken it off again and found it low. The next one I put on I checked previous to putting it on and although it was better, wasn't really up to scratch for a new battery, but does operate the watch OK but probably won't do it as long as it should. Hopefully batteries from a different source will be more reliable. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.