UK Watch Forum banner

Seiko 7T32 fault

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  martinzx 
#1 ·
I quite like my Seiko 7T32 but lately it has been playing up. The chronograph works and the alarm function, as in it sets.

What the sp? Are the movements available? Or is it matter of buying a donor?

Its a beater but I like it?

Any advice welcome.@Kevkojak ??

7ecde4713d131458be8c326018b7a9f9.jpg

Cheers Martin

See less See more
#3 ·
Evening @martinzx, sorry, I'm hardly ever here these days.

Ummmm, I know a couple of people of SCWF would work on these, but essentially it's a disposable movement.
I'm not sure even Seiko service them, just swap the whole module I think.

Basically unless you're really attached, e.bay it for spares and spend the £25 you get on beer.

They can still be picked up for spare parts, but the cheaper running watches tend to get snapped up to repair the expensive stuff (like the Macchina Sportiva models - I've just listed both of mine on the bay).

If I have anything in my spares box I'll put i in the post for you, but I seem to recall the only 7t32 I have in there is water damaged.
I've a funny feeling @Sir Alandid a bit of tinkering with these calibres, but it's such a mess of coils and circuits they can become a real PITA to repair.

Out of interest what specifically is the fault? I've mended loads of these just by changing the battery and "shorting" the movement with metal tweezers.

#4 ·
I had a 7T32 repaired a few years back - but in the end, we ended up sourcing a donor off eBay. Parts were hard to come by. I've seen at least 3 working 7T32's on eBay UK this past month though. They are out there - and you can get your watchmaker to service them whilst doing the swop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.