UK Watch Forum banner

New arrival!

2K views 31 replies 26 participants last post by  Biker 
#1 ·
Hi All, this stunner arrived yesterday! H2O Kalmar 2 in DLC with light gun sandwich dial and polished Mokume Gane bezel. Mokume Gane is a technique whereby two metals, in this case bronze and stainless steel, are layered together.

This is possibly the most beautiful watch I have ever received (out of over 200). And did I mention the 3000m water resistance?!

Your thoughts please? I know Rafy will love it! :biggrin:

IMG_6324_zpsmt42flda.jpg

IMG_6320_zpsetrd9aod.jpg

See less See more
#3 ·
It certainly looks different and not in a bad way! The bezel is too shiny for me but I'm intrigued - will the bronze rings of the bezel - I'm assuming that's how it works - form a patina? In which case, the bezel, in a short time, will look fascinating. I like the dial as well, just some concerns about the bezel. And what size is it?

#5 ·
Great looking watch you have there, i think the polished bezel against the black case and crown really stands out, and i do rather like the look of those hands too.

Enjoy your new addition :thumbsup:

#27 ·
What to say... First congratulation for your new beautiful K2 DLC "GASHEAD" :) Secondly yes I love it!!! The new H2O sunburst sandwich dials are amazing (I particularly like the lumed logo and brand name full fumed too; you should put a picture of the lume, as it is really superb). Your light gun colour is a very good choice (I hope H2O will release it for the Orca series too, as I will purchase it for sure).

I am dreaming about this Mokume Gane bezel; for those who do not know: it is an old Japanese art by layers (SS and Bronze) and very expensive... I will try to buy it separately, as I did not ordered it stupidly... Mistake again from my part again... But too many combinations, and nice possibilities, and I cannot buy everything ;) So you did the perfect choice!!

Saying that I know that a lot of people like the DLC (full black watches), but doing mainly diving, I prefer non DLC watch (meaning Titanium or classic Stainless Still). I bought the H2O Hydra in DLC: and I admit I not wearing it a lot.... I like to admire the DLC movement which is sublime the Unitas 6497.

Plus to me the beauty of your new K2 DLC is its movement: Top Grade ETA 2892!!! I am jealous all my H2O watches are having standard 2892 only ;)

Your black Ostrich strap is very nice buy the way: excellent match!! :)

Reactions: GASHEAD
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.