Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
WRENCH

Anyone able to identify this?

Recommended Posts

WRENCH    8,811

Like the look of this, but can't find any info. Anything would be appreciated, thank you.

il_750xN.1033952058_j439.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WRENCH    8,811
33 minutes ago, William_Wilson said:

Looks a bit Asian.

Later,
William

Yep. It's listed as a NOS 1980's vostok from "Franken central". It could be completely legit, but, I've been collecting and studying Vostoks for years and can't find any reference to this one, and it's too expensive to take a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lampoc    469

It's a fairly rare but nothing special Vostok with the 2403 movement. It isn't 80s though due to the lack of "made in xxxx" on the bottom of the dial. Early 90s and it looks perfectly legit to me.

Google "Vostok 2403" and you'll see loads more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
William_Wilson    7,203
1 hour ago, Lampoc said:

It's a fairly rare but nothing special Vostok with the 2403 movement. It isn't 80s though due to the lack of "made in xxxx" on the bottom of the dial. Early 90s and it looks perfectly legit to me.

Google "Vostok 2403" and you'll see loads more.

That's it alright. It is odd thought that it didn't have "Сделано в России" or "Сделано в СССР" on the bottom of the dial.

Later,
William

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WRENCH    8,811

Thank you both. I've got a couple of 2403 models, I've never seen one with a white dial before, however after having a look at Google images I see there are others showing now.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paulb    1

Very nice watch. But this NOS watches always scare me (still can't choose originals from fakes really well).

Do you guys have a reading source about this Russian watches (i.e. book, blog etc) or its all fragmented knowledge?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lampoc    469
1 hour ago, Paulb said:

Very nice watch. But this NOS watches always scare me (still can't choose originals from fakes really well).

Do you guys have a reading source about this Russian watches (i.e. book, blog etc) or its all fragmented knowledge?

I guess a lot of it is knowledge I've picked up from here and various other forums over the years. I reckon I could now spot 95% of Russian fakes and frankens at a quick glance. There are some decent websites which I still refer to every now and again - here's a few of my favourites:

Everything you'll ever need to know about the Poljot 3133: http://www.polmax3133.com/

Loads of old Russian/Soviet watch catalogues: https://get.google.com/albumarchive/113098239036073221216?source=pwa

Some Italian guys collection: http://russianwatches.altervista.org/index3.html

Some American guys collection: http://www.ussrtime.com/

Happy reading!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paulb    1
10 hours ago, Lampoc said:

I guess a lot of it is knowledge I've picked up from here and various other forums over the years. I reckon I could now spot 95% of Russian fakes and frankens at a quick glance. There are some decent websites which I still refer to every now and again - here's a few of my favourites:

Everything you'll ever need to know about the Poljot 3133: http://www.polmax3133.com/

Loads of old Russian/Soviet watch catalogues: https://get.google.com/albumarchive/113098239036073221216?source=pwa

Some Italian guys collection: http://russianwatches.altervista.org/index3.html

Some American guys collection: http://www.ussrtime.com/

Happy reading!

 

Wow, Lampoc, thanks a lot! That's a lot of material. I'll sure be reading it in the next few days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take a look on Amazon and you will find a few books on Russian watches. I haven't acquired one myself but look at the reviews in order to pick the best one. As you will have seen, we have some experts in this field here on the Forum, so take full cognisance of their recommendations here above - this is one of the strengths of the Watch Forum.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WRENCH    8,811
2 hours ago, Always"watching" said:

. As you will have seen, we have some experts in this field here on the Forum, so take full cognisance of their recommendations here above - this is one of the strengths of the Watch Forum.:)

Yes, I'm in full agreement with that :yes:. I probably spend more time than is healthy studying Russian / Soviet watches, but as in every walk of life, there is always something new to learn.:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oops - sorry if I sounded patronising dear Wrench. I wrote my response without realising that you are, of course, an experienced contributor to the forum.:biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WRENCH    8,811
8 hours ago, Always"watching" said:

Oops - sorry if I sounded patronising dear Wrench.

Not at all. :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×