• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Ross Watch Repairs

Watch repair enquiries

kevkojak    1,296

£400 estimate to service/regulate an Ebel automatic.  :swoon:

Great reviews online so must be good at what they do, but the most expensive quote I've had by almost double I'm afraid.

hughlle    4,143

I've just received an estimate of £295 for a service on an omega SMP (does include a polish though to remove scratches). Far too dear for me, especially given what it costs elsewhere. They were very prompt and clear in our email exchange though, so price aside, some good CS.

it'salivejim    4,070
37 minutes ago, kevkojak said:

£400 estimate to service/regulate an Ebel automatic.  :swoon:

Great reviews online so must be good at what they do, but the most expensive quote I've had by almost double I'm afraid.

Whaaaaattt?????

Our quartz watch repair prices are still the best around the UK I do believe. TAG Heuer battery and reseal from £29.99 - TAG Heuer quartz service starting from £95.

The main problem nowadays for independent watch repairers is good old Swatch Group. They are phasing out supplying movements and parts to other watch houses and watch parts suppliers. I do believe all watch houses now have a couple until they stop supplying them with parts completely.

So the next couple years will be interesting in the watch repairs industry.

kevkojak    1,296
On 8/18/2016 at 18:09, Ross Watch Repairs said:

Our quartz watch repair prices are still the best around the UK I do believe. TAG Heuer battery and reseal from £29.99 - TAG Heuer quartz service starting from £95.

The main problem nowadays for independent watch repairers is good old Swatch Group. They are phasing out supplying movements and parts to other watch houses and watch parts suppliers. I do believe all watch houses now have a couple until they stop supplying them with parts completely.

So the next couple years will be interesting in the watch repairs industry.

A valid point, if Ebel were anything to do with Swatch them it might hold some weight with regards to the Meridian I was looking to have serviced.  :rolleyes:
Reasonable price on a Tag battery and reseal. Post included? Mine are £25 but postage on top. 

Swerv    0

I have a sekonda 17 Jewel brushed gold manual watch that is losing time what is the cost of regulating it