• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
stairpost

Seiko chrono owners club

stairpost    261

I couldn't figure out which club this watch should belong to so I thought I'd be better off giving it it's own.

Had this for about 10 years and as You can see it's my go to watch when I'm doing anything where it might take a knock, very reliable and never lets me down.

1e47adcb-c3fa-4901-8dfa-421aef6285c4.jpg

johnbaz    416

WOW!!

That has a fair bit of Wabi Stairpost!! :thumbsup:

I've a couple of Seiko Chrono's (Love 'em!!) 

I think someone painted the hands on this 6138!! ( can't see the subdial hands!!)..

seikoc1.jpg

Seiko%206138%20Bullhead1_zpsjsi3puos.jpg

Minute counter is missing on this..

Seiko%206139g_zps3u0atqze.jpg

This has a non original pusher at the top!!

Seioko%206139h_zps48z39o7i.jpg

I'll put the rest in another post..

Edited by johnbaz

johnbaz    416

I accidentally submitted the last post so I edited it but thought I may run out of time so I started another reply! (It'll -probably merge with the last one though!..

Anyhow, A couple more :thumbsup:

This 6139 has the dreadmisaligned day!!..

seikochrono6139gd70m.jpg

seikochronobd.jpg

This one needs a new crystal or this one refurbing on the wet and dry paper!!

Seiko%206139e_zpsgyg3r2fb.jpg

I didn't have an original crown for this one so I fitted one that I did have but now the date can't be set as it won't allow it to be pushed in!! 

Seiko%206139f_zps42fcqe2p.jpg

I bought this off Fleabay from Greece, It gains massively, Needs a service, This wasn't mentioned in the description so I contacted the seller to tell him, I didn't think he would even bother to reply, He actually refunded my money and said 'Keep the watch'!!

It's rather nice so I may have spend a ton on a service :yes:

Seiko%206139a_zpsen1fdmwi.jpg

This came to me with a broken crystal so I altered a domed acrylic to fit!!, I quite like the dome on it and the fact that scratches polish out much easier!!

Seiko%206139c%20Helmet_zpsallrgnr8.jpg

0a1.jpg

Another Helmet 6139 in bits, Fairly sure everything is in a box including hands! It's been stripped partially by someone, No idea why :wacko:

Seiko%206139%20i_zpssbtwutys.jpg

I had a white dialled Helmet 6139 given to my by a contractor at work, He used to come in regularly and liked his watches, The Helmet stopped and wouldn't go so he took it to a jewellers, They told him it had suffered water ingress and that it was scrap!

I gave him a very nis Seiko Sports SQ150 for it as he didn't have an old watch to wear, When I removed the back of the 6139, I saw immediately that the movement was cl;aen! No rust whatsoever, I also noticed a hole that was minus it's screw, I donned my 10x loupe and found it stuck in the works! It fired up as soon as I removed it!

I reinstated it in to it's hole and gave it back to the bloke, The git kept my SQ150 too :taz::angry:

This is my all time fave Qtz Chrono, The Alfie, I bought it from the sales on here!

Seiko%20Alfie%203_zpshwwwaml9.jpg

John :)

stairpost    261

Hi John,

That's a nice collection :)

The only time mine lets me down is if I'm trying to see what the time is in the night, the dial is way too busy for sleepy eyes.

What the bloody hell is Wabi? :)

Rich.

johnbaz    416
1 hour ago, stairpost said:

Hi John,

That's a nice collection :)

The only time mine lets me down is if I'm trying to see what the time is in the night, the dial is way too busy for sleepy eyes.

What the bloody hell is Wabi? :)

Rich.

Hi Rich

Wabi sabi is the everyday knocks/dents/scratches that watches pick up, It's wabi for short!! :)

Do you know what the 710 is whilst we're on about strange descriptions etc?? :wacko:

mach 0.0013137    11,023

I only have the one Seiko chronograph but, imo, it`s a classic...

SEIKO 6138-3002, 21 Jewels (made in May 1977).

SeikoDSC_0237_zpscf6e632b.gif

:biggrin:

stairpost    261
5 hours ago, johnbaz said:

Hi Rich

Wabi sabi is the everyday knocks/dents/scratches that watches pick up, It's wabi for short!! :)

Do you know what the 710 is whilst we're on about strange descriptions etc?? :wacko:

Aaah Ok, in that case, yes, it's definitely had more than its fair share of wabi :)

I googled 710, it gave me results I didn't think would be fitting, this doesn't come across as a forum full of stoners :)

I do know what it is now though.

johnbaz    416
5 hours ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

I only have the one Seiko chronograph but, imo, it`s a classic...

SEIKO 6138-3002, 21 Jewels (made in May 1977).

SeikoDSC_0237_zpscf6e632b.gif

:biggrin:

It looks in superc condition too Mac :thumbsup:

John 

johnbaz    416
Just now, stairpost said:

Aaah Ok, in that case, yes, it's definitely had more than its fair share of wabi :)

I googled 710, it gave me results I didn't think would be fitting, this doesn't come across as a forum full of stoners :)

I do know what it is now though.

Err, I'm not sure what stoners are!!

The story behind the 710 (Wife!) is that a lady took her car to a garage, She told the mechie that she needed a new '710'!

Of course none of the mechanics knew what the heck she was talking about so they asked where this 710 was on the car?, Why, On the engine was her reply!, He still had no idea what it was so he lifted the bonnet of a car that was in the garage and asked her to point at it!!

This was what she pointed at! :wacko:

Dau4gAB.jpg

All wives became known as the 710 on here ever since!! :yes:

Krispy    2,802

Only this beater.  I'd be very interested in any 1976 models in good knick :thumbsup:

DSC03784_zpsbormajkd.png

johnbaz    416
1 minute ago, Krispy said:

Only this beater.  I'd be very interested in any 1976 models in good knick :thumbsup:

DSC03784_zpsbormajkd.png

That's a stunner Krispy :thumbsup:

Krispy    2,802
Just now, johnbaz said:

That's a stunner Krispy :thumbsup:

Thanks John

I spotted it in among the tat in a local high street jewelers and took me ages to find it online at a more sensible price.  It's one of the nicest looking bezels I've seen on a Seiko, in my opinion and they didn't make the dreadful mistake of sticking the date at 4 o'clock!

stairpost    261
11 hours ago, johnbaz said:

Err, I'm not sure what stoners are!!

The story behind the 710 (Wife!) is that a lady took her car to a garage, She told the mechie that she needed a new '710'!

Of course none of the mechanics knew what the heck she was talking about so they asked where this 710 was on the car?, Why, On the engine was her reply!, He still had no idea what it was so he lifted the bonnet of a car that was in the garage and asked her to point at it!!

This was what she pointed at! :wacko:

Dau4gAB.jpg

All wives became known as the 710 on here ever since!! :yes:

My other half would give me some serious grief if that ever became established, the least I would expect is a very firesome 'well, at least I can bloody drive' :)

Chromejob    849
Finally, a Seiko I can wear with pride!!!
20170303_200304_zpsucj7tms0.jpg

Sweet Jemima, how many functions does that lovely beast have....

JayDeep    1,405
6 minutes ago, Chromejob said:

Sweet Jemima, how many functions does that lovely beast have....

Lol no clue I just use the one.

BobJ    194

A modest Seiko chrono from me, bigger and better to come I hope.large.IMG_20170704_181148533.jpg.6d40adc53ecc0011698d302a17234f57.jpg

large.IMG_20170704_181101474.jpg.01322c685adb3e211e9a0e39ae498faa.jpg

Chromejob    849

Modest, in a pig's eye. That's elegant and sleek. I likes it!